CCTV up one week and...

ThreeBridgeT6

LWB 204 DSG
VIP Member
T6 Guru
So I finally got round to putting up my Reolink 4 camera 8K CCTV system last weekend (it's been monitoring the inside of my loft waiting for me to hire a scaffold tower but not a lot goes on up there!!;)) and tonight whilst I was sat watching TV with her indoors, this happened....Thieving b*stards

I've got my dash cam recording in the van and it's pointing straight at the one that tried my wife's boot, about 8 feet away from him. I'll be taking a close look at that one in the morning. Plod had cars out looking for them, but they've sadly had more serious things to deal with down in the city centre tonight (Bristol).

Sadly this is a sign of the times and is going on everywhere it seems. This is what happens when most shops are closed and no pubs to fence the gear open.

So I finally got round to putting up my Reolink 4 camera 8K CCTV system last weekend (it's been monitoring the inside of my loft waiting for me to hire a scaffold tower but not a lot goes on up there!!;)) and tonight whilst I was sat watching TV with her indoors, this happened....Thieving b*stards

I've got my dash cam recording in the van and it's pointing straight at the one that tried my wife's boot, about 8 feet away from him. I'll be taking a close look at that one in the morning. Plod had cars out looking for them, but they've sadly had more serious things to deal with down in the city centre tonight (Bristol).
Good for you that man! :devil:

Nice work, that should deter them from coming back, they’ll find somewhere easier next time.

They loved the look of that scooter didn't they!! Good on you for heading out there and fronting them with the information about your cameras. That experience in itself is a valuable deterrent for future attempts.

Good on you for challenging them. I did worry when you briefly disappeared out of sight. I must get something similar rigged up overlooking my driveway, I've got a Ring camera for the back so may add a Ring camera/floodlight to the front - it has to be visible to the scrotes to act as a deterrent in the first place.

Should have taken a bat and started swinging. Fekkers could have had anything their pockets.

You really need to ask if its worth the risk confronting them. Life is pretty worthless to these scum so high probability of being attacked, stabed or even killed. Shout out the window by all means but personally I wouldn't risk a confrontation. Watch the numerous car cat thefts on YouTube. Usally two removing the cat and two standing by with knives and batterns at the ready for anyone that trys to stop them.

My theory is that with a Nest or Ring camera the crooks should know that if they enter the cameras area the owner will get a instant notification of activity. Hopefully thats enough to put them off.

I had my van rifled through a few years ago having seemingly left it unlocked, I told myself I can’t believe the one time I left it unlocked someone happened to get into it. The sad fact is these c*nts are trying car doors every night.

You really need to ask if its worth the risk confronting them. Life is pretty worthless to these scum so high probability of being attacked, stabed or even killed. Shout out the window by all means but personally I wouldn't risk a confrontation. Watch the numerous car cat thefts on YouTube. Usally two removing the cat and two standing by with knives and batterns at the ready for anyone that trys to stop them.

My theory is that with a Nest or Ring camera the crooks should know that if they enter the cameras area the owner will get a instant notification of activity. Hopefully thats enough to put them off.

Completely with you on this. Used to live in London and still live within driving distance of it. Some scary criminals about.

If your property or boundaries are coming under attack it’s extremely difficult for some of us to resist the urge when that adrenaline starts pumping. You see and here so many situations like this go the wrong way though. Don’t know if you have the same on your setup, but I’ve got sirens and 2 way com on a couple of my cameras, which can be activated in app once I get a notification, I’m hoping this will be effective enough to get them on the run in the first instance. They’re going to wake up the neighbours, but it’s for a valid reason, I’m sure they’ll agree. Plus wouldn’t hurt to have a bit of support should you need to approach the thieving rats. Hope you’ve managed to deter them for good.

Completely with you on this. Used to live in London and still live within driving distance of it. Some scary criminals about.
Whilst I was following them down the road in the hope that Plod would come up the other way I did begin to think I was putting myself at risk. I'd been shouting at them quite loudly in the hope that my neighbours would come out to see what the commotion was, but they obviously all go to bed a lot earlier than me! Thankfully it didn't turn nasty.

I was excitedly hoping to have a great mug shot of the one that tried my wife's car's boot, as it was parked right in front of the van and the dash cam records 24/7. I left it as it was late, thinking I'd retrieve the file in the morning. However, I discovered that my Thinkware Q800 Pro overwrites files after about 2 hours in the continuous recording mode, so sadly no joy. After this discovery I've changed my settings to motion detection in parking mode.

The house cameras have motion detection too and this send alerts to my watch/phone/laptop/Alexa/Google/dog/bloody everything every time something moves. Fortunately I can set times when this happens and also screen off parts so that I don't get too many false alarms. The better thing is that it filters out any alerts in playback so you can quickly jump to view each thing that it detected i.e. fox/cat/milkman and so far no more low life.

Next time, and let's face it - given that I caught these dregs within about a week of putting it up, it won't have been the first time so won't be the last - I'll curb my enthusiasm, ring plod and hope we can catch them in the act. I'm surprised they take the added risk of going up to the top of a cup-de-sac where there's no route out even on foot, but then that assumes a degree of intelligence as well as honesty!

Anyone know if Tazers are legal? Special dispensation for T6 owners?

So after my van being mysteriously damaged a few weeks ago and one of my sheds being broken into last night I’m now looking into CCTV options.

My van is in a private carpark approx 50m from our house with private gardens in between. My sheds are halfway between the house and carpark.

I have power to the sheds and can probably get WiFi to extend down to the carpark by boosting the signal at the shed.

I’ve never had any CCTV but I think ideally I need 3 or 4 cameras, a couple of which need to be battery or solar and all need to be WiFi recording to the cloud or hard drive in the house.

I want to do this right so am looking for a decent system with quality recordings and notifications.

Can anyone recommend any systems I should look at or a forum member who supplies CCTV equipment and provide any advice?

Any recommendations would be gratefully received.

I should also add that my neighbours are happy for any cameras to cover their gardens and cars so no issues with privacy etc.

So after my van being mysteriously damaged a few weeks ago and one of my sheds being broken into last night I’m now looking into CCTV options.

My van is in a private carpark approx 50m from our house with private gardens in between. My sheds are halfway between the house and carpark.

I have power to the sheds and can probably get WiFi to extend down to the carpark by boosting the signal at the shed.

I’ve never had any CCTV but I think ideally I need 3 or 4 cameras, a couple of which need to be battery or solar and all need to be WiFi recording to the cloud or hard drive in the house.

I want to do this right so am looking for a decent system with quality recordings and notifications.

Can anyone recommend any systems I should look at or a forum member who supplies CCTV equipment and provide any advice?

Any recommendations would be gratefully received.

I should also add that my neighbours are happy for any cameras to cover their gardens and cars so no issues with privacy etc.
We bought ours from cctvkits.co.uk . I think the proprietor may be a member on here too

Anyone know if Tazers are legal? Special dispensation for T6 owners?
Tasers are legal, but classed as firearms so they are restricted to Police STO/AFO officers. Tasers are a brand so others are available but definitely not recommended !!

You will find a better and quicker police response if you happen to see that the scum are carrying a knife/firearm/other weapon.

Unfortunately by the time your initial call has been logged by a call-taker, checked for mapping and sent to the despatchers list, they may be well away. Back in the 90's when I was in the Control Room, we could take a call and get units heading before finishing the form filling.....progress apparantly

Back