Airflow / cooling for rear passengers...?

vwski

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hey everyone,
I might be in a position where I need to carry rear passengers quite a lot over the coming months and wondered what people do to increase airflow and keep rear passengers more comfortable? I know I can open windows but I'm looking for something better. It's already warming up and the van can get stuffy real quick!
I have 4 individual seats fitted in the rear so 2 passengers will actually be sitting in row 3 which is quite far from any heating or cooling provided in the cab area. It can sometimes feel more stuffy due to the lack of windows in row 3 as well. I quite like sitting in the back row with no windows but each to their own I guess.
I want to find a good solution that looks neat and tidy. I've searched the forum but can't find anything which makes me slightly worried about finding a solution...
Has anyone done anything out there that they are happy with and are willing to share please?
Many thanks! D

Is your van a Kombi or a panel van?

Obviously in a Kombi you can open the side windows but even then it can get warm in the rear.

What about a headrest mounted fan?

Hi thanks for your reply.
Mine is a kombi. It’s just that a lot of the time people don’t want windows open.
I’ve seen these type of fans but never actually tried one. I might get one and see what they’re like. I can always send it back if it’s not right.
I was hoping that someone had worked out a neater solution that looked a bit more OEM but having searched around online I don’t think anyone has.
I’ve even had a quick look online at other vans like shuttles/caravelles that already have dedicated aircon throughout the entire vehicle.
I just don’t know if I can bring myself to swap my van over especially after doing so much work to it over the past 3yrs.
I’ll keep looking and I guess if the right van comes up for the right price then I could be tempted…
I also don’t know if I can put a shuttle/caravelle through my company like I did with my kombi.

If the van is insulated running the AC in re-circulation mode will deal with the rear.

Back