Captains Seat - Drivers Side - Can It Be Modified To Fit On Passenger Side?

SB6

T6 Pro
Like the title says, is this possible, if not, then why not? :)

Lots of drivers seats on Ebay, far cheaper than passenger side.
I guess its something to do with the base?

Thanks

Steven

Like the title says, is this possible, if not, then why not? :)

Lots of drivers seats on Ebay, far cheaper than passenger side.
I guess its something to do with the base?

Thanks

Steven
Not sure if I’m understanding the question right but my captains seats are from a LHD European vehicle so my drivers seat was originally the passenger seat. Is that what you meant?

You can’t actually swap the seats over as far as I know as the seat belt receiver would be on the wrong side

Great, that video looks easy.

Just need to find a drivers seat now!

Cheers

I have a drivers seat available in about 2 weeks time (were getting conversion done) Its from a 2015 T6 thats done 24K and had cover on all time - Like new - Make me an offer

Collection from leigh

That video is a tad concerning. Fair enough the seat belt receiver is bolted to the chair but it’s no longer bolted to the part it’s supposed to be I.e the part that’s been crash tested. How do you know that alternative fixing point would be strong enough to hold you in a smash with full forward momentum?

That video is a tad concerning. Fair enough the seat belt receiver is bolted to the chair but it’s no longer bolted to the part it’s supposed to be I.e the part that’s been crash tested. How do you know that alternative fixing point would be strong enough to hold you in a smash with full forward momentum?
My T5 seats look like they could take seatbelt-receivers on either side.. whether both sides are crash-tested is another matter, but logic would argue they are.

Side with belt:
image.jpg image.jpg

Side without belt:
image.jpg image.jpg

The hardest part to swap over looks like it’ll be the lumbar support knob.

My T5 seats look like they could take seatbelt-receivers on either side.. whether both sides are crash-tested is another matter, but logic would argue they are.

Side with belt:
View attachment 37143 View attachment 37142

Side without belt:
View attachment 37144 View attachment 37145

The hardest part to swap over looks like it’ll be the lumbar support knob.
That does ineeed look like it’s designed to fit either side. I never picked that up on the video posted though. The fact the guy had to shorten the steel section suggested he used an alternative position. Fitting it in the hole in your pic looks like it would be totally fine

Not sure if I’m understanding the question right but my captains seats are from a LHD European vehicle so my drivers seat was originally the passenger seat. Is that what you meant?

You can’t actually swap the seats over as far as I know as the seat belt receiver would be on the wrong side
Swap the seat belt receiver to the other side really quick and quite simple there are plenty of utube videos of this done

Back