Legroom

Dubster5

Hi everybody,

I am looking to buy a T5/6 in the near future with a double passenger seat. My concern is the lack of legroom as I am 6'6". I am ok in the drivers seat but my knees are pressed against the dash when sat in the passenger seat.

My plan is to get a swivel base so it can be turned for camping and wondered if there were any swivel bases (or even fixed bases_) that allow for any backward adjustment (like the drivers seat) to allow me to sit with folding my knees up around my ears :p

I have been looking around and not managed to find anything other than the reduced height base to compensate for the extra height of the swivel base (which I will need as well haha!)

Any advice would be a great help.

Thanks, Steve

Hi everybody,

I am looking to buy a T5/6 in the near future with a double passenger seat. My concern is the lack of legroom as I am 6'6". I am ok in the drivers seat but my knees are pressed against the dash when sat in the passenger seat.

My plan is to get a swivel base so it can be turned for camping and wondered if there were any swivel bases (or even fixed bases_) that allow for any backward adjustment (like the drivers seat) to allow me to sit with folding my knees up around my ears :p

I have been looking around and not managed to find anything other than the reduced height base to compensate for the extra height of the swivel base (which I will need as well haha!)

Any advice would be a great help.

Thanks, Steve
Hi Steve. Not quite the answer you might be looking for. I have a 2018 T6 Highline Combi with twin captain seats. I'm 6'4" with an inside leg of 36" (oh matron!). No problem with leg or head room on the passenger side which has a slightly reduced height due to the swivel seat. It is set on the fully back position but there's still plenty of leg room for the rear seat passenger. Dave

Not an answer but I've got to say that I've often wondered how taller people get on with a T6. I'm 6'1½" (but probably shrinking with age!) and just about get comfortable. That's in a 'normal' side kitchen camper and I suspect it would only be worse with a bulkhead in place. In all seriousness, I don't think I'd be be driving my van if I was much more than 1" taller.

I think all vehicles are designed for a max of about 6'/inside leg of about 34". I am 6/32 and my last few L200 pickups and my t5.1 Caravelle is pretty much maxed out. Like cycling clothes... how do big boys cope?

Hi Steve. Not quite the answer you might be looking for. I have a 2018 T6 Highline Combi with twin captain seats. I'm 6'4" with an inside leg of 36" (oh matron!). No problem with leg or head room on the passenger side which has a slightly reduced height due to the swivel seat. It is set on the fully back position but there's still plenty of leg room for the rear seat passenger. Dave
Have to agree with this - a single passenger seat will result in more legroom (and more comfort) than a double.

Back