Canoe rack

Grainfoot

T6 Pro
We have an SCA pop up roof and are looking at a rack to carry a 35kg Canadian canoe. Easy load if possible. Any ideas. Also do people secure front and rear to tow bar etc.

I have the SCA high-lift with Thule bars and various combinations of sit-on-tops on that, usually with total weight over that 35kg . The thule bars are not the prettiest, but they are solid and easy to get additonal options for. I was told that genuine vw bars don't fit the channels in the SCA roof as well. Let me know if you want pictures, although they'd make those who spend half the weekend cleaning their van cringe !

I have the SCA high-lift with Thule bars and various combinations of sit-on-tops on that, usually with total weight over that 35kg . The thule bars are not the prettiest, but they are solid and easy to get additonal options for. I was told that genuine vw bars don't fit the channels in the SCA roof as well. Let me know if you want pictures, although they'd make those who spend half the weekend cleaning their van cringe !

I looked at the rather clever Thule side-loading system and also a rear roller. So far though I've gone with "small step and a large mate". Only hurt my back once so far! (Mind you, I'm medically land locked at the moment and percentage wise that once is quite high)

I’ve just had Thule Hullavtors fitted to put my sit-on-top onto the roof. I don’t think it would take an open canoe though.

Pictures would be good, don't mind the dirt think ours could be worse.

Back