Canbus Adaptor?

KR.

T6 Guru
Van just back from headunit install, no steering wheel control, no MFD data either. The Kenwood DNX516DAB was out my old van so I needed to supply various bits and bobs. The main issue is the steering wheel controls and MFD data which, apparently, don't work because I should have known that I had to supply them with a CANBUS adaptor. Stupid me (!)

What CANBUS adaptor do I need to now buy to get this working off the steering wheel, I presume the MFD data will magically appear as well?

Would this work https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N7W5...olid=1Y2LKTYD0L740&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it or are there any cheaper alternatives?

The unit also powers down when the ignition is turned off, which means to listen to the radio I need to have the engine running, the previous set up was that it worked with the engine off and powered down after a period - 10 minutes or so. Is there any black magic required to get round that?

I'm that close to binning the headunit and going for a clean install with a Halfords fitted unit, I'm £300 down so far and let's say I'm not too happy with the result. Don't even get me started on the reversing camera.

Sounds like you paid someone to do the install?

Yes but the incomplete job is my fault because I should have known that I'd need a CANBUS adaptor and 8 hours wasn't long enough for them to do the job.
You learn from your mistakes, and find someone else to do the job.

Back