Can Tail lights can be reprogrammed to come on with the front LED running lights?

OldFaartQ

Does anyone know if the rear lights can be reprogrammed to come on with the front LED running lights?

This daft idea of having front running lights and dashboard lights on but no rear lights is dangerous in low light conditions.

Yes they can, Module 09 Byte 12 Bit 0 Parking Lights ON with "Terminal 15 ON"

Does anyone know if the rear lights can be reprogrammed to come on with the front LED running lights?

This daft idea of having front running lights and dashboard lights on but no rear lights is dangerous in low light conditions.
Completely agree! This should be added to the updates list

My headlights come on when I go under a tree, so no problems about having no lights on in low light conditions.

I have a couple of vehicles that don't have DRLs or Auto Lights. With those, if light conditions are low, I turn the headlights on myself using the conveniently positioned switch on the dashboard.

Worth noting if you activate this function then in addition activate DRLs off when indicating you will get the front DRLs to dim when you indicate (which is how i have run mine for years)

Worth noting if you activate this function then in addition activate DRLs off when indicating you will get the front DRLs to dim when you indicate (which is how i have run mine for years)
Me too

That’s unlikely to happen if you run in ‘AUTO’ as the sensor is very sensitive to light reduction.

I found when doing the terminal 15 turn on it also turned my front sidelights on permanently.

So I bought the Carista £24.99 and had to pay £9.99 for a months use in order to make changes.

However, there is no option for turning on the rear lights with the DRL's.

It allowed me to make a few other changes which was good and very easy to do.

As Deaky said in post #2, "Parking Lights ON with "Terminal 15 ON"

This is how it's referred to with VCDS. This means that the parking lights (side and tail lights) will be turned on with the ignition. If you have LED headlights, the DRLs and front parking lights are the same thing, so what you are doing is turning on your tail lights with the ignition on as well. If you have halogen headlights, it will have the same effect of turning on the parking lights (side and tail lights), however this may mean that the DRLs turn off, just like they do when you turn the headlight switch to the side light position.

As Deaky said in post #2, "Parking Lights ON with "Terminal 15 ON"

This is how it's referred to with VCDS. This means that the parking lights (side and tail lights) will be turned on with the ignition. If you have LED headlights, the DRLs and front parking lights are the same thing, so what you are doing is turning on your tail lights with the ignition on as well. If you have halogen headlights, it will have the same effect of turning on the parking lights (side and tail lights), however this may mean that the DRLs turn off, just like they do when you turn the headlight switch to the side light position.
Good explanation, thank you

Can we program the DLR's to stay on with the sidelights? I've got H7's.

EDIT: I see in post 13 above that the sidelights are on with the DLR's after making the lights 'Scandinavian' but I want normal operation for DLR's (ie just DLR's @ front and no lights at the back during the day) then the DLR's to stay on when the sidelights come on at dusk.

Is this possible?

Last edited:
Back