Reprogramming LED lights to LHD

Corky

VIP Member
Contacted VW Commercial Cardiff asking if they fit LHD led headlights for me to export my van. They told me for £69.95 they can simply reprogram the RHD lights to point the other way. Does anyone know if this is correct? After tons of research to swap my lights out, this is the first time anyone has suggested this is a possibility. I currently have halogen lights on my 2022 T6.1. I appreciate they are talking about LED so I would need to change to a RHD led first.

All the posts I’ve found in here simply talk about needing to swap the lights out. Just wondering if they were giving me duff info ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It looks like you asked them about the procedure for LED lights but you have halogen lights.
Can you not just swap the halogen units for a LHD pair?

It looks like you asked them about the procedure for LED lights but you have halogen lights.
Can you not just swap the halogen units for a LHD pair?
Yes that is the cheapest and easiest option and probably what I’ll do. It’s just I was hoping to upgrade as I have to fork out for new light units anyway but to change to LED and LHD appears to be more complex that knitting fog. Just wanted to check if OEM led lights can just be reprogrammed between left and right hand drive. I was hoping someone on this forum has the knowledge or works at VW. Cheers though.

Yes that is the cheapest and easiest option and probably what I’ll do. It’s just I was hoping to upgrade as I have to fork out for new light units anyway but to change to LED and LHD appears to be more complex that knitting fog. Just wanted to check if OEM led lights can just be reprogrammed between left and right hand drive. I was hoping someone on this forum has the knowledge or works at VW. Cheers though.
I get you. Just thought you might have got it mixed up.

AFAIK, 6.1 OEM LEDs have a flat light pattern - i.e. suitable to drive on the continent as is, but it does seem to be a very confused/confusing subject of discussion...

Back