Can I upgrade my basic HU to one with Sat Nav

There are settings for this with Google maps / Android Auto. I am pretty sure you can retain the navigation voice commands during a call.
If that’s the case I would just go app connect if I had my choice again as it will also save a chunk of money.

I have had the kenwood unit fitted by VW to my T6. It is utter rubbish and am in the middle of a complaints procedure as I think it isn’t fit for purpose. If the sun is shining at all you can’t see it.
So in my eyes a sat nav you can’t see it’s fit for purpose along with a few other problems. To be fair they have offered to replace it but with the same model so can’t see the point of that at all.
I would probably go with just app connect and use my phone but the only thing is when someone decides to call you at the exact moment you are trying to follow it and it goes off. I would travel 100 miles to go to absolute 5 they always give good advice and also you could just buy it from them with all the wiring kit and they will help you via message to fit it?.
I spoke to the guys at absolute 5 yesterday and they said the same thing about the screen and they were very helful even said the would talk me through the instalation if i decided to buy and fit myself the only thing is the unit is the kenwood DNX9190DAB which if i fit myself would be about £1400 apparently the screen tilts and you can see it from any direct in sunlight ,but o would recommed anyone to give them a ring very informative

I spoke to the guys at absolute 5 yesterday and they said the same thing about the screen and they were very helful even said the would talk me through the instalation if i decided to buy and fit myself the only thing is the unit is the kenwood DNX9190DAB which if i fit myself would be about £1400 apparently the screen tilts and you can see it from any direct in sunlight ,but o would recommed anyone to give them a ring very informative
The rubbish one from be was £1100 do would definitely rather pay the extra 300 and go with that.
But if you are happy with app connect and use your phone then it will probably be a lot cheaper and will do the same thing. If I can get my money back I will go there.

Back