Can I upgrade my basic HU to one with Sat Nav

I had VW sat nav in my last van.
In my current van I've gone back to using Waze on my phone.

I can recommend a Garmin satnav and Garmin BC30 WIFI camera, less cables to pull and a good image.

Thanks for that the only problem is its over three hours from me i need something in the midlands
Give them a ring, they will talk through the options with you and if you don’t want them to instal they will post you the unit together with a loom to connect it, plug and play, so everything works such as parking sensors.......

Good luck.

No disrespect, but every OEM sat nav that I’ve ever used has always been far inferior than either a mobile phone or a dedicated unit. And costs the earth to update the maps too.
VW maps are free for life as are most new satnavs these days. You’re right about them being inferior though, I’d have a TomTom over the VW any day.

Give them a ring, they will talk through the options with you and if you don’t want them to instal they will post you the unit together with a loom to connect it, plug and play, so everything works such as parking sensors.......
Thanks for that I'll do that cheers

or get a good TomTom..free lifetime maps, free lifetime traffic and lifetime speed camaera warnings (where legal)...for a fraction of the price of a new head unit.

I have had the kenwood unit fitted by VW to my T6. It is utter rubbish and am in the middle of a complaints procedure as I think it isn’t fit for purpose. If the sun is shining at all you can’t see it.
So in my eyes a sat nav you can’t see it’s fit for purpose along with a few other problems. To be fair they have offered to replace it but with the same model so can’t see the point of that at all.
I would probably go with just app connect and use my phone but the only thing is when someone decides to call you at the exact moment you are trying to follow it and it goes off. I would travel 100 miles to go to absolute 5 they always give good advice and also you could just buy it from them with all the wiring kit and they will help you via message to fit it?.

I would probably go with just app connect and use my phone but the only thing is when someone decides to call you at the exact moment you are trying to follow it and it goes off.

There are settings for this with Google maps / Android Auto. I am pretty sure you can retain the navigation voice commands during a call.

Back