Can I run a camping fridge off a Noco Boost jump pack?

Andyf

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Looking at one of these
Are they any good, worth there money
Could you run a camping fridge of one

Alternative suggestions welcome

Thanks
Andy

The Noco Boost is designed for jump starting a vehicle with a flat battery - is that the job you mean ?

Pete

Yes.. GB70 is good for starting a T6...

I wouldn't bother with any of the lower models.

As Dell says, don’t go below the GB70. I have used one to start several vehicles with smaller engines than a T6 with ease.

Pete

Is the 150 worth the extra money
I've got both...

The difference is size in capacity and a voltmeter...

So if you just want it as an emergency jump start then get a GB70.

If like me you use loads of 12v and USB stuff get the bigger GB150....

We use the GB150 for pumping up air tents, airbeds, usb charging, laptop and tablet charging. 12v stuff etc etc etc.

Plus is the biggest USB power bank I have..... the kids are glued to it.

I’ve got a GB70 and the kids used in in the summer to charge their phones for 3 weeks while we were away and then used it to start the van months later without charging it.

I did then charge it before putting it away. We then used it a during a power cut to charge everything multiple times, it was constantly charging loads of things for about 24hrs, it’s like a great big fat lipstick charger you can start a van with :)

If you were to use a fridge on the 150
how long roughly would it keep going approximately

are we talking hour possibly a day as a rough guide

what fridge?

a compressor fridge?

or TE fridge?

it says 89 watt-hour battery.

so 89 hours at 1 watt

or 1 hour at 89 watts.

+++

example 40L compressor fridge (Just Kampers 45L Electric Portable Compressor Cool Box Mains to 12V Cooler Coolbox Fridge Freezer With Mains Supply and Car 12v Cables Ideal for Campervans, Vans, Cars, Travel, Camping: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors) once down to temp runs around 0.9ah

0.9ah @ 12v = 10.8Wh

89Wh / 10.8Wh = 8.2 hours.

loose a bit for inefficiency . . . then look at running a compressor fridge for 6hours.

it will then take 3-11hours to charge backup

+++

1616193271547.png

@Andyf

look at these options for running a fridge:

I’ve been on the look out for a bargain priced GB70 for a while. There seems to be a steady stream of ‘spares or repair’ items available that still fetch silly money, either people know of a quick fix or they are taking a chance.

As Dell says, don’t go below the GB70. I have used one to start several vehicles with smaller engines than a T6 with ease.

Pete
I started my neighbour’s 2.0L Diesel SUV the other day with the GB70 and it span over fine.

The battery was initially so flat it just clicked the starter solenoid.

@Andyf

id say go with a GB70 then,

i would recommend the NOCO GB70 case too. . . well worth the money to protect the GB70.

1616232386057.png

GB70 also fits in the top of a comfort dash if you have one,that is where ours lived for a while until we put the caravelle bed in,now it lives in the bottom of there in an ikea box

I've got the gb50, it's never let me down yet regarding starting the van. I have electric twin sliders and tailgate. They can be opened and closed many many times over the course of a day, couple that with extra led lighting and the use of an invertor to charge power tool batteries.......well let's just say that I use my noco 2 - 3 times a month.

The GB50 is definitely capable and never failed to start my van and many other vehicles. The hard case is definitely worth investing in for storage etc. The first one I bought started to play up after a short while, it wouldn't turn on sometimes or turn off. Halfords replaced it without even checking my receipt.

Great piece of kit that I rely on too heavily, I've now got funds in place to do a leisure battery install which should mean I'll no longer need the noco but still I'd never leave home without it, it's invaluable especially with a dsg!

Back