Can’t Stow The OEM Jack!!!!!!!!

I did not get a jack as there was also no spare wheel with my Van. Apparently it was a weight issue with some Kombi’s but very poor in my view given the high cost of the van. We did get a can a tyre foam and pump though !
AV been lucky with every vehicle I have had in that AV had a spare wheel , don't understand how they can get away with not given people spare wheels , a can't see weight being the issue ,spare well can't weigh that much surely

Any recommendations for alternative jacks (bottle?) that are compact and work with the T6?

When I first got my T6 campervan, I made the mistake of taking the jack out but then found what a real pain in the 4rse it was to get back - in my case, the Smart bed makes it even more difficult. This is my first ever VW and it seems to me that jack storage is just another item on the list of stuff that I have found to be 'sub-optimal'. I love my camper but suspect it will be the last VW I ever buy. I know they are different operating companies but my only other 'VAG experience' comes from owning an Audi Q5 which is fantastic in every department. I only wish to 'V' part of VAG could be as good as the 'A ' part.

Last edited:
Perhaps I should have expressed it better but it's it's not so much a comment on the quality of the drive etc. (which is what I would expect of a van) more quality of the design and execution. The van just seems to have been thrown together in places and corners seem to have been cut. I appreciate that the T6 is a workhorse but that's no excuse particularly when you consider that buying a T6 with any kind of decent spec takes a pretty hefty wedge of cash.

Why isn’t the jack inside the black plastic bit like it should be?
Sorry but a forgot to put a question mark in there , I was asking if this is the correct way ? , Am assuming with your reply it's the wrong way lol , does it go inside the plastic cover as am sure mines dosent fit in the cover , do you have a pic of yours ?

Assuming mine is fixed correctly, the above seems to be spot on (but still a pain ion the 4rse!).

DSC01274.jpg

Hmm not trying to be clever but use the cut out on top of the jack cover or if it’s fitted above the rear wheel look in from the side and line up the bolt. Only found out when investigating an rattle noise and removed the jack.

D41240EB-B016-4865-9491-B01F641BD0E2.jpeg

Back