Can’t Stow The OEM Jack!!!!!!!!

Took mine out a few weeks ago to lend to a friend who ended up not needing it - took me ages to get secured back in position - I feel your pain!

It certainly is a royal pain in the ass to get back on, I think they should make it one of the cube puzzles lol!
Easiest way I found was to fit the top plastic cover onto the jack then align the screw up and hope for the best.

Took me 15mins and brute force in the end to get the handle in place. :mad: Piece of junk to use as well

Did this yestarday. There's a rectangular cut out in the plastic cover, if I recall correctly it's just in front of the hole you feed the securing bolt through. If you peer down through the rectangular hole, you can see the female thread on the wheel arch that the bolt screws into. Makes it easier to line up the threads.

Used mine once and it snapped. I kid you not. Bought a bottle jack which sits under the passenger seat and through the other one in the scrap pile in the unit.
Absolute rubbish piece of kit.

Used mine once and it snapped. I kid you not. Bought a bottle jack which sits under the passenger seat and through the other one in the scrap pile in the unit.
Absolute rubbish piece of kit.

I second that, it's happened to me twice the threads strip and the van hits the deck. First time I thought it was a faulty jack, second time it happened I realised it just wasn't up to the job maybe OK for a golf but not a laden van. I've got a 5ton bottle jack in the van for emergencys but use my trolley jack at home.

So after taking 2 months trying to work out how the jack fitted bk in I picked up a eBay bargain and had to remove it to fit the storage tray lol:rofl::rofl::rofl::fast rofl::tongue bounce:

Enybody got a pic of there jack in place before I lose my head lol , just rolled in the rain fitting a new fuel filter to diesel heater and the hardest part is this jack :mad:

I did not get a jack as there was also no spare wheel with my Van. Apparently it was a weight issue with some Kombi’s but very poor in my view given the high cost of the van. We did get a can a tyre foam and pump though !

Back