Bike rack measurements

Kylie/Quasi? Where does that come from?
I have a T5 (I think that’s a Kylie) bike rack. It has webbing straps for the bike and looks nicer. I have an austops roof and the roof can be lifted without fouling the bikes on the rack with the tailgate closed. Only just and may depend on bikes and how they are loaded but definitely no issue with the roof hitting the rack itself with the boot open or closed.

It’s still fitted so if you want another measurement please detail exactly what you need measured and I get it for you
@cgtmiles Yes please regarding another measurement, just as a confirmation.
I’d like the distance along the centre line of the van from tailgate VW badge rearwards, parallel to the ground, till it is level with the farthest part back of the bike rack when folded up vertically.

IMG_4480.jpeg
Ok, so this is tricky because as said in the earlier post the furthest extending parts are the folded up supports at each end of the bike platform but these are only at each end of the rack. At the badge the furthest extended part is the bottom rail, which I measured to be around 115mm (A). The part that extends furthest back overall is the supports at end of each side and using a few spirit levels I reckon these are around 160mm (B) back when the distance is transferred to where the badge is.

Reactions: EAN
@cgtmiles Thank you so much for taking the time to measure: Exactly what I was after and I’m now sorted.
Apart, that is, from persuading the other half how cool it looks in black!!!

I was trying to find this out recently and from previous threads it sounded like the v2 would foul the pop top when it was popped.
I went for a v1 for that reason but do prefer the look of the v2.

@EAN Is yours a SCA? Mine is a Skyline (standard). Could you update this thread if you go ahead please? I might change eventually if it turns out that v2 is indeed compatible!

Reactions: EAN
I was trying to find this out recently and from previous threads it sounded like the v2 would foul the pop top when it was popped.
I went for a v1 for that reason but do prefer the look of the v2.

@EAN Is yours a SCA? Mine is a Skyline (standard). Could you update this thread if you go ahead please? I might change eventually if it turns out that v2 is indeed compatible!
Yes I’ve got an SCA 194 and will update when i’ve got it.

Back