Campsites open this weekend - who’s going where ?

One massive take home lesson though was to ensure you unhook the electrics before driving away. oops rookie error .

I must admit, I’ve been thinking about that, I thought about putting a post-it note or something on the steering wheel but that is a great idea Phil_G.

Anybody been, going or recommend sites with EHU down Devon or Cornwall for Sept?
Preferably near beach - cycling, pubs etc?
Any helpful suggestions gratefully received

Wolds View, Lincolnshire. 2nd weekend away, hopefully no extra wildlife picked up on the way :oops:

Nether Wasdale in the lakes from Monday next week. Hopefully the weather forecast improves so we can get into the hills.

Reactions: CAB
Currently Isle of Wight not far from the Needles. Though yesterday was just rain rain rain.

• Sad
Off to Hay-on-Wye this weekend. We going on Thursday so get an extra night away which will be nice.

Just moved on from the Peak District (Ashbourne) 34A63BCB-B724-4AD1-B433-1BC89F13BA6F.jpegto the Lake District (Staveley)A95A041B-755E-4FCA-8233-A1DE109409C0.jpeg
Don’t be fooled by the photo in Ashbourne it was a complete washout for most of the day. Now we are staying for 6 nights so got the big awning out. Unfortunately this doesn’t fit on anything but jumbo pitches but the very friendly C&CC man moved us to this grass area. I don’t think the awning will be coming out again after this year!

Just moved on from the Peak District (Ashbourne) View attachment 79376to the Lake District (Staveley)View attachment 79375
Don’t be fooled by the photo in Ashbourne it was a complete washout for most of the day. Now we are staying for 6 nights so got the big awning out. Unfortunately this doesn’t fit on anything but jumbo pitches but the very friendly C&CC man moved us to this grass area. I don’t think the awning will be coming out again after this year!

We had a tent that big when we went to the F1 at SPA, A german guy bet us I could park my large estate car in it..... We did and 4 of still slept in the tent.

i apologise i have only just spotted your question too late now what did you think of the site

I thought it was good, we were on the grass at the motorhome end. We did have some loud late night drinkers on the first night, but a great location.

We walked into the village for fish and chips and hiked Kinder on one of the days.

Back