Campsites open this weekend - who’s going where ?

Well interesting drive down from the Midlands to Devizes. Roads almost like a Sunday use to be 20 years back. Very quiet and saw hardly any campervans or caravans. Guessing many are choosing to stay at home?

Reactions: CAB
Is there much queuing for the showers and toilets and how have they dealt with it
Yes but a bit stupid if you ask me. Basically they have closed every other toilet/shower cubicle which makes no sense as they are all devided by solid panels? Cleaning every few hours and you stay in your vehicle during check in are some of the measures in place. Does seem a strange atmosphere around site like nobody really knows how to interact with each other.

Yes but a bit stupid if you ask me. Basically they have closed every other toilet/shower cubicle which makes no sense as they are all devided by solid panels? Cleaning every few hours and you stay in your vehicle during check in are some of the measures in place. Does seem a strange atmosphere around site like nobody really knows how to interact with each other.
devizes is a bit like that anyway whenever i've been there you get a better atmosphere when your mix in with tenters on grass pitches motorhomers and caravaners tend to stay indoors and coming from a camping in tents background i like a chat and being social

We’re playing a wait and see approach..being a little older more apprehensive, so are using the July meet to test the water.
At least we would be with like minded sensible people ( was that pushing it to far:rofl:)
but so looking forward to blowing a few cobwebs away :)

Back from Longleat now. It was good to get out at last, and also interesting to see how the C&MC are dealing with Covid-19.
As well as the usual social distancing, they had closed a lot of the cubicles for showers, toilets, wash basins etc in the toilet blocks, and put a token mechanism in place to try and ensure that no more than 2 people were in a block at any point in time. The gents toilet block I used had one urinal, 2 toilet cubicles, 1 shower and 1 wash basin cubicle in use, where normally there were 5 of each.
They also restricted the washing up facilities.
I didn’t see much queuing, but as ever on a C&MC site, there were a lot of caravans and motorhomes with full facilities, and the site encouraged people with these to use them.
Overall I was very impressed with what they were doing to keep open, but it could get a bit challenging when the site is full, with a lot more children around. I would estimate it was about 70% full.

Pete

Just got back from a lovely weekend in Dorset. Also our first time away in the van. Absolutely loved it. The van was awsome, the campsite spot on and the awning ideal.

One massive take home lesson though was to ensure you unhook the electrics before driving away. oops rookie error . IMG_20200710_154024.jpg

Just got back from a lovely weekend in Dorset. Also our first time away in the van. Absolutely loved it. The van was awsome, the campsite spot on and the awning ideal.

One massive take home lesson though was to ensure you unhook the electrics before driving away. oops rookie error . View attachment 77409
Oh bugger hope there was not to much damage,glad your first outing is memorable

Back