Camping Ideas and Tips

Blacks have a Maypole Thermal Blinds set in for under £30 if you use code SAVE15 (though it will cost minimum £4.95 for postage) Usually £60
And its a pound cheaper if you go to Millets... and use TREAT15 code.

We've had a set of those maypole blinds for a couple of years now and they are quite good whilst being cheaper than a lot of others on the market that seem identical. The only issue that I've found is that the reverse (ie. NOT reflective silver ) side seem to be a bit fragile - I've actually split it with my finger tips when fitting / removing but that's nothing that a small bit of gaffer tape won't fix.

What are you all doing in awning ref sleeping set up?

We’re away at the minute, first time with the awning and me and wife in the awning, girls in the van. We’re Sleeping on a double camp bed with a couple of self inflating mattresses on top.

We’ve always got away with a double sleeping bag in the past, but either it’s shrunk or we’ve “grown” over the past few years. Do you use a double or two singles? Or just use a normal duvet etc??

Other issue is the single sided zip on the double which makes getting in an out a challenge.

Maypole blinds got them last year too great on my black van cool it right down they work a treat
well worth the money got mine off eBay

I was bought this folding fire pit and it’s my favourite camping gadget.
It’s cheap (less than £10 off Ebay) compact, works well and keeps the fire off the grass.
Giant marshmallows are good too!
View attachment 149462

We used one of these yesterday. It works brilliantly as long as you don’t overload it, and no ash at all on the grass below.

Great addition.

Pete

Cadacs are great . .

but i you want something quick and small, these single burner stoves are brilliant.

we have four of them for some reason . . i don't know why ?

we found two to be an ideal setup for us . . . kettle + Bacon . . . . Sausage + Beans . . . . Rice + Chilli

either way they work well for us.

View attachment 120162

View attachment 120166

View attachment 120163

View attachment 120164

Gas can work out pricey depending on where you got . . so we tend to buy it in bulk.

these work out @ £1.02 per can.

View attachment 120165
Worth there weight in gold these cookers are, on offer, along with the cartridges at Go Outdoors at the moment.

A few months ago, my neighbour lined his conservatory with some polycarbonate (?) sheets. He had a couple left over and asked if I could use them. Not being able to resist anything for free I accepted and put them in my shed. "what the f*** do you want those for?" my Chief Advisor enquired when we had a clearout shortly afterwards.
Anyway they escaped the clearout and sat in my shed for a few more months.
Meanwhile Chief Advisor and I often commented that an extra shelf would be handy in the van for storing small items during the night that we might need first thing in the morning or when cooking breakfast.
Then the Eureka moment came and after a few minutes of Street Theatre in a gale force wind with a ruler, pencil and hacksaw I came up with this.
Super light, sturdy enough and easy to stow away when travelling - and free!
Zero to Hero in a few minutes.

IMG_6591.JPG

A few months ago, my neighbour lined his conservatory with some polycarbonate (?) sheets. He had a couple left over and asked if I could use them. Not being able to resist anything for free I accepted and put them in my shed. "what the f*** do you want those for?" my Chief Advisor enquired when we had a clearout shortly afterwards.
Meanwhile Chief Advisor and I often commented that an extra shelf would be handy in the van for storing small items during the night that we might need first thing in the morning or when cooking breakfast.
Then the Eureka moment came and after a few minutes of Street Theatre in a gale force wind with a ruler, pencil and hacksaw I came up with this.

View attachment 155046
Good work ! I love a freebie re-imagined !!

View attachment 155046
That is simply brilliant!

Sure someone recommended these: £9 off for Members from tomorrow:

Just change my bigger bottles for these bad boys……..Space saving and weight saving…..but I’d like to pass on a warning to all camping Cadac Gurus…. Staycations are causing supply issues…so if you need gas for camping ..Get it Asap…;)

F9E66F1A-0AFF-4CE2-AEC0-02A3870880FA.jpeg

View attachment 155046
Cheif adviser ...... Love it.

I'll implement that role change immediately.

:mexican wave:

@VanDamMan

thought id take your advise . . .

5kg Calor from B&Q . . .

1653136173272.png

-- ALSO NEW for 2022 --

I've added to my CADAC Cook Range. . . . .

for those medium stays . . . . . .

when its a shorter stay than the Full Gourmet Combo

and longer stay than the single burners . . .

its CADAC 2-COOK 2 Pro - QR time . . ( the new 2022 model now comes with a quick release connector )

1653136271418.png

1653136283735.png

+++

1653136434878.png

+++

i also went for the CADAC dual power pak qr

the Quick Release version of the Dual Pak

1653136543764.png

++++

i also got a standard regulator for the 5kg gas bottle, and some hose, plus a couple of QR gas ends . .

so now i can have any combo setup for quick release . .

+++

Back