Cadac Windbreak

going by the original . . .

may i request option #2

1678743273583.png1678743292642.png

No, the cutting head will go through 200mm of steel, it can't be wound back to etch a logo. I did ask about cutting them into it but the D would need spars to hold the centre in place and it would cost more/take more time than it was worth.
He was just starting cutting some 20mm thick stainless (about an 8' x 4' sheet) for some nuclear application while I was there, said it would take 8 hours to finish. 1.5mm aluminium should be a lot less by comparison.

Hi Grim, do we have a timescale for this? Tried using the CADAC on the beach at the weekend and the wind made it pretty tricky

I'm picking the aluminium up on Thursday, cutting should be done within a week of that, I have the rivnuts, just waiting for the thumbscrews arriving, they are 'in country' so should be here soon.

@Grim Reaper im totally a fan of what you have done on #11...! Is it possible to order a set ton send in Switzerland? Thanks for your reply! Best

I dropped the Ali off at the waterjetter today, thumbscrews arrived too. Let me get a set assembled and I will look into what they will need to be posted out, though I didn't really want to do them that way since it needs a rivnut setting tool to fit them. ( along with the risks associated with posting goods out, I don't sell anything on eBay for this reason )

Not sure what the wind deflectors add on the new Cadac, I’d rather stick with grim reapers design

Don't think they'll stop the lid closing when the wind blows.

Also noticed they don't have the CADAC logo embossed in the lid like the old one?

Last edited:
Back