Cadac - transporting

RosscoPCole

VIP Member
T6 Guru
I've just bought a Cadac Safari Chef as a replacement for our Carri Chef as it saves so much space when packed away. It came with a paella pan that we used a lot with the old Cadac. The only problem is that the handles stick out of its protective bag, and as a result, will not fit in the main carry bag, even though there is room. Has anyone successfully cut out a small hole in the bag without it fraying away? This would allow the paella pan to fit into the main bag and everything would be in one neat storage bag.

Hi All Cadac Owners,

So i have a brand new Cadac Carri Chef 2, Pizza stone, Paella dish etc.

My question is has anyone found a better way of transporting the kit about other than the Cadac bag?

Also my Pizza stone didn't come with a storage bag, is this normal?

Thanks all

CZ

Hi All Cadac Owners,

So i have a brand new Cadac Carri Chef 2, Pizza stone, Paella dish etc.

My question is has anyone found a better way of transporting the kit about other than the Cadac bag?

Also my Pizza stone didn't come with a storage bag, is this normal?

Thanks all

CZ
Bags and Covers Direct seem to have frequent discounts for this on their twitter.

They also have a permanent C&CC and C&MHclub discount. (which I only discovered AFTER paying out a load of dosh :unsure:)

Can't comment on the products, waiting for my custom bags.

just starting my Cadac Journey,

I've got one of these bags for the legs . .

1594196119875.png

I also Love DucksBack kit, got loads of there bags.

ill be looking at one of the large round ones below.

1594196213559.png

Both of ours still live and get transported in the original bags - showing some signs of wear but both still OK.

We can get everything but the gas packed into the bags including pizza stone, paella pan, tapas dishes, chef pan, BBQ plate, (OONI) pizza peels, regulators, tubing, etc. - takes a bit of care and practice but doable.

@czmate1999 - we didn’t get a bag with our pizza stone either - we transport/store it wrapped in a sheet of bubble wrap inside the paella pan and bag.

I'm looking to replace our bulky BBQ(char-broil x200) with something easier to store while also giving us more cooking options.
Can anyone give the packed dimensions (in the bag with the standard accessories) of the cadac safari chef 30 (same as safari chef 2)?
I'm looking to see if I have a suitable place to store it in my camper.

I'm looking to replace our bulky BBQ(char-broil x200) with something easier to store while also giving us more cooking options.
Can anyone give the packed dimensions (in the bag with the standard accessories) of the cadac safari chef 30 (same as safari chef 2)?
I'm looking to see if I have a suitable place to store it in my camper.
A lot of us now have this as well, Cadac 2-Cook 2 Pro Deluxe Stove | GO Outdoors

That's the other one I'm considering as it seems easier to store. It doesn't seem to be as versatile as the safari chef without the lid and pizza stone but adding a ridge monkey XL, which is also easy store, might be the best option for us if the safari chef 30 is too bulky to store.
@moomin-j has a good solution for his safari chef - he uses an adapted drum bag…

Back