Buying A T6... Pre-registered / New With Discount?

dennismo

150 Kombi Edition - LV Sportline
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi guys!

I've been wanting to buy a transporter for years now, and have finally decided to go for it!! I'm basically ready to take the plunge, but wanted to get opinions about how to go about it!

I've been REALLY helped by the guys at Leighton Vans (they're local to me). I'd love to buy from them, but they don't currently have the right van, so I may buy and then take a van for them to spruce up!

My question is about if to buy New (and negotiate a discount / PCP with deposit contribution and then pay off) OR pre-registererd? I've read on here that some people are getting 10-15% discount on new, and deposit contribution too... That would make it cheaper to buy new, than listed price is for pre-reg!

I spoke to my dealer about a pre-reg T6 edition (about £4500 off list) and he said that they couldn't move on that price at all, but could negotiate a discount on new... Any thoughts? Should I push him for a discount?
OR - how much discount could I expect new on a T6 edition?

ANY help / tips / comments much appreciated!

Thanks all!

Me personally I would order new and shop around to see who can offer the best deal typically always better deals on new orders. Least that way you can order what options you want. Only draw back is if you are in a hurry and would have to wait for delivery of the van.

Me personally I would order new and shop around to see who can offer the best deal typically always better deals on new orders. Least that way you can order what options you want. Only draw back is if you are in a hurry and would have to wait for delivery of the van.
Thanks V much! They've said they can't release the pre-reg until October anyway (!!!) so I need to wait around for it... only thing is that spec is basically perfect...

I got 5k of a Cali years ago because it was bought pre reg so well worth thinking about. I would have done the same this time but getting one was like finding hens teeth so had to order it

Hi guys!

I've been wanting to buy a transporter for years now, and have finally decided to go for it!! I'm basically ready to take the plunge, but wanted to get opinions about how to go about it!

I've been REALLY helped by the guys at Leighton Vans (they're local to me). I'd love to buy from them, but they don't currently have the right van, so I may buy and then take a van for them to spruce up!

My question is about if to buy New (and negotiate a discount / PCP with deposit contribution and then pay off) OR pre-registererd? I've read on here that some people are getting 10-15% discount on new, and deposit contribution too... That would make it cheaper to buy new, than listed price is for pre-reg!

I spoke to my dealer about a pre-reg T6 edition (about £4500 off list) and he said that they couldn't move on that price at all, but could negotiate a discount on new... Any thoughts? Should I push him for a discount?
OR - how much discount could I expect new on a T6 edition?

ANY help / tips / comments much appreciated!

Thanks all!

Good questins that I'm thinking about now. Never thought about PCP with the extra discount and then pay it off, sounds like a good idea.

If you’re paying for it via VW finance the APR on second hand is often a couple points higher than in new.

Taking that into account after discount may affect your overall total cost.

Might be worth getting two quotes from the dealer, one for new, one for the pre-reg and comparing the costs in total.

I personally think owning a transporter is something special. I never look at the reg. I always look at the van, and what it has had done to it regardless of age. Its a mine field as far as finance is concerned. I looked at personal contract hire, but then it didn't make sense to do this and set the van up to what i wanted. I went in the end for a 66 plate and put my own stamp on it. There are some full on 65 plate t6's out there cheap as chips, begging to have an upgrade. You can do this at your leisure and budget. To talk to a dealer would mean you would have to have a mathematician sat with you. Leighton vans are top drawer as far as what they do but half the fun is personalising it to your personality.

I bought mine ex demo .... loaded with extras, and a very decent saving on list price .... and only 2650 miles on the clock , 4 months old

Same for me, ex demo few months old with a few thousand miles and saved 10k + vat off list price which worked out around 30%

Hi
I am awaiting delivery on a new LWB Highline in September ready for conversion to a camper. Got a discount of £6400 or just under 20% off the list price of the van, though extras came at VW list price.
I wanted petrol engine, so the lack of available nearly new vehicles, along with the ability to spec the van to my requirements (eg 2 single swivel seats, etc) along with the decent discount meant that new made sense for me over nearly new.

I bought mine ex demo .... loaded with extras, and a very decent saving on list price .... and only 2650 miles on the clock , 4 months old

I never worked out the saving ....i had a budget, and a long wish list ....... Got it all except the detachable tow bar, so very happy.

I’ve just put a deposit down on a T32 Highline 204 TSi panel van, it’s in stock at the dealer, but not the exact spec I wanted as it doesn’t have swivel seats, power latching nor is it Acapulco blue (its black). It also has a bulkhead fitted at the moment. However, some of the spec is above what I specced as a minimum, such as the audio unit (I already have a nice Kenwood unit that I was going to use) and a reversing camera. The price for this was about £1,000 cheaper than the best offer on a new build and in total about 18% less than the price that the VW configurator tool gives for the same spec van.

I've bought a T4, 3 x T5s and now a T6, all but one T5 have been ex-dealer stock or ex-demo. It takes a bit of searching and being willing to sign on the line when the right vehicle comes along but I've always been able to find what I wanted that way. The ordered T5 was actually the worst deal financially of them all.

The current vehicle is a 140ps LWB Highline Kombi with LEDs and Discover Media and came out well money wise I believe because it was at the end of the pre-adblue era.

Rod

Last edited:
Thanks to you all for your replies! Very helpful indeed!

I've bought a T4, 3 x T5s and now a T6, all but one T5 have been ex-dealer stock or ex-demo. It takes a bit of searching and being willing to sign on the line when the right vehicle comes along but I've always been able to find what I wanted that way. The ordered T5 was actually the worst deal financially of them all.

The current vehicle is a 140ps LWB Highline Kombi with LEDs and Discover Media and came out well money wise I believe because it was at the end of the pre-adblue era.

Rod

@rod_vw - Did you get any additional discount on the Forecourt price listed on the Pre-reg / ex-demo purchases? Or did you pay the price stated... The pre-reg / demo van I've seen already has about 14% off list price, but wonder if I can push them further than that? Or get them to throw in some additional accessories? Thoughts appreciated!

Mostly paid the ticket price but did get four new wheels (steel) and tyres and the two rear side windows (genuine tint) fitted FOC for the last T32 T5 which was worth well over £600.
Your best bet is to press for extras as I guess they show differently on the dealer's balance sheet.

Rod

Back