Status
Not open for further replies.

T6 dork

Engineer
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Red and White Gen6
heavy corrosion underside to all visible metal components
anything steel like suspension wishbones,arms,brackets,bolts,shockers,exhaust etc
advert said electric sliding side doors and rear camera (non of these are on it)
leave well alone
its at Arnold Clark Edinburgh
DC16 KUU reg..

Last edited:
Well done, maybe save somebody buying a lemon.
I'm amazed that it can have heavy corrosion at that age, maybe lived near the coast?

Dont be at all surprised. Its a shite T6. Stick to a T5 where the paint was much thicker. I have already had to underseal my 2016 and have a rust spot on the sill! Biggest mistake ever going from my T5 to a T6. However the mod cons of a T6 are pretty nice.

Dont be at all surprised. Its a shite T6. Stick to a T5 where the paint was much thicker. I have already had to underseal my 2016 and have a rust spot on the sill! Biggest mistake ever going from my T5 to a T6. However the mod cons of a T6 are pretty nice.

Thats a Big statement and im not sure now if i want to buy another T6
after seeing all the underside corrosion on this 2016 red one and my old T5.1 looking good ... think im not going to bother for now ... maybe buy a better track car instead

Thats a Big statement and im not sure now if i want to buy another T6
after seeing all the underside corrosion on this 2016 red one and my old T5.1 looking good ... think im not going to bother for now ... maybe buy a better track car instead
The parts you listed are likely to be common with the T5.1 too though? I can't imagine the shocks for example are any different. It's probably got more to do with the operating conditions the '2016 red one' has been subjected to.....perhaps spent its life next to the coast in the lovely damp salty air?

I know the underside of the body of mine has a lovely thick coating of wax (once you remove all the plastic under body covers) and you can see the wax has been applied to any hollow sections too. If you want to see proper rust on a nearly new vehicle, look at L200s, Navaras and the likes.

i never had a T5 but my T5.1 seems rock solid and as im looking at a T6 i see prices falling and even 2019 ones are really cheap..
gosh VW what have you done

i think people are getting the wrong end of the stick here with my original post..
its the bottom wish bones arms front and rear etc thats going rusty Not the bodywork
the parts open to the elements legs,bolts,brackets Nothing under the plastic trays just stuff you can see

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back