Busfest 2020 *cancelled*

Dellmassive

T32 204 DSG LWB SLN PV MY18 & T30 SWB KMB MY67
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Master
Busfest 2020 11th – 13th September

just starting this thread now as a calendar placeholder.

more details to follow.

Busfest Homepage

Busfest Future Dates
2019 6th – 8th September

2020 11th – 13th September

2021 10th – 12 September

WHY COME TO BUSFEST?

BUSFEST is CERTAINLY, UNDOUBTEDLY, PROBABLY, & DEFINITELY the BEST VW EVENT to go to for ALL VW TRANSPORTER FANS, FRIENDS & FAMILIES.

CERTAINLY – With a Full 3 days to keep you amused we will have the MOST comprehensive Entertainment programme for all ages of any VW Event. (We ARE still providing FREE evening entertainment).

UNDOUBTEDLY - We have use of the BEST Show ground and facilities in the country for staging our event (whatever the weather!!). With excellent fixed indoor (and outdoor) facilities, Welfare blocks (including showers), Restaurant & mobile Catering, good water supply, drainage and tarmac roadways we know you will have a good time when you are with us.

PROBABLY - We will be presenting the BIGGEST vehicle displays of any event (anywhere).

DEFINITELY - You will find we have the LARGEST Trade Area of ANY VW event (in the World!) with everything you may want (or not) for your Transporter. PLUS; a MASSIVE Vehicle Sales Area.

If you have any doubt as to what we are capable of achieving (or have not been to our events before then check out the info, comments & pictures on our face book page).

FAQ - (VERY) FREQUENTLY ASKED (AND ANSWERED) QUESTIONS...................
DATE FOR THIS YEARS EVENT:

6-8TH SEPTEMBER 2019

HOW MUCH ARE TICKETS?

SEE FEES SECTION

WHEN WILL I BE ABLE TO BOOK MY ADVANCE TICKETS?

WE ARE NOW CLOSED FOR ADVANCE TICKETS FOR FAMILY, GENERAL, DOG FREE & DISABLED CAMPING AREAS

WHEN WILL BOOKINGS CLOSE?

CLUB BOOKINGS (USUALLY!) CLOSE END OF JUNE.. OTHER CAMPSITE AREAS BOOKING WILL CLOSE WHEN WE ARE FULL

WHEN WILL TICKETS BE SENT OUT?

WE ARE INTRODUCING A NEW TICKETING SYSTEM FOR 2019.

TICKETS WILL BE SENT OUT "ELECTRONICALLY" 2 WEEKS PRIOR TO THE EVENT.

Tickets will be dispatched from Friday 23rd onwards via email, these are the only valid tickets, if you have not received your ticket email by 7pm on Sunday 25th, please check spam boxes first before contact use via email or phone.

ARE DOGS ALLOWED?

YES..... SEE NOTE ON DOGS HERE;

BUSFEST - DOGS

Many of you who come to Busfest bring dogs with you.

We generally do not have a problem with that, as most of you are responsible dog owners who control and clear up after your animals.

But every now and again things start to get out of hand, and we must remind you that being able to bring your dogs to Busfest is a privilege not a given. Many events at this showground and others do not allow dogs on site anymore.

In the past we have come close to banning dogs at the event, but instead have introduced policies that have avoided that.

We now have a “Dog Free” Camping area and have an exclusion policy for dogs in the enclosed evening entertainment venues.

But now we are having to revisit this subject again as the sheer number of dogs attending the event and the behaviour of them (and some of their owners) is causing quite a few problems.

In particular, within the Trade areas, dogs and their owners are NOT all acting responsibly, and we have had numerous incidents of dogs soiling traders stock and stands and owners not even attempting to control their dogs.

ARE DAY VISITORS ALLOWED?

EXTRA ADULTS ARRIVING IN PRE BOOKED CAMPING UNITS?

YES

• The Pay on the Day, DAY VISITOR Charges are as shown;
  • FRIDAY - £15
  • SATURDAY - £20
  • SUNDAY - £15
  • Children under 16 years FREE ENTRY
  • DAY VISITORS PLEASE NOTE - We are a 3 Day event, but although the TRADE AREA opens on the Friday SOME TRADERS MAY NOT BE TRADING ON THE FRIDAY.
  • To be sure of getting the full trade area your are advised to attend the event on the Saturday or Sunday. The FULL event programme begins on the Saturday

We will be able to take fees on the day at the gates for additional (unbooked) passengers arriving in vehicles already advance booked for camping.

Price Per Adult is £50

We CANNOT accept any additional unbooked camping vehicles.

WHEN DO GATES OPEN?

FRIDAY 6TH SEPT AT 10:00.

SATURDAY 7TH SEPT 09.00

SUNDAY 8TH SEPTEMBER 09.00

UNLESS YOU HAVE PERMISSION AND AS PASS TO ARRIVE BEFORE THAT TIME PLEASE DO NOT ARRIVE AT THE SITE BEFORE THEN.

ANY NON AUTHORISED CAMPERS OR PERSONS ARRIVING ON THE THURSDAY WILL NOT BE ADMITTED TO THE SITE.

WHEN DO GATE CLOSE?

MIDNIGHT

POST CODE OF THE SHOWGROUND?

WR13 6 NW

ARE THERE SHOWERS ON SITE?

YES, THEY ARE LOCATED AT THE YELLOW & RED & STOCKMANS WELFARE BLOCKS & WE ALSO PROVIDE SOME MOBILE UNITS AS WELL AT VARIOUS LOCATIONS AROUND THE SITE

ARE ELECTRIC HOOKUPS AVAILABLE?

ONLY FOR SPECIAL NEEDS &

DISABLED

CAN WE STOP OVER ON SUNDAY NIGHT?

NO SORRY WE HAVE TO CLEAR

THE SITE AS SOON AS EVENT ENDS

WHAT ARE THE FANCY DRESS THEMES THIS YEAR?

We usually leave it all to you to with your own creative minds to come up with your own FANCY DRESS ideas for the event, and yep we have had some fantastic cosumes and themes appear every year.

BUT, this year for those of you who might need a little guidance (& persuasion!) there are THREE very definitely THEMED EVENING ENTERTAINMENTS that you might like to really get to grips with and play (and dress!) the part......

IT IT REALLY UP TO YOU WHICH THEME (OR GENDER) YOU WANT TO BE....................... Check out our Entertainment page HERE

(OF COURSE, THE MAIN SITE THEME AT BUSFEST WILL ALWAYS BE "VW TRANSPORTERS" - this year it is "WORK REST & PLAY")

WHERE CAN I SEE MORE PICTURES OF THE EVENT?

THE OFFICIAL BUSFEST FACEBOOK PAGE FOR ALL OF THE EVENT UPDATES IS LOCATED HERE

LINKS TO ALL OF THE BUSFEST PICTURE ALBUMS IS LOCATED HERE;

Last edited:
At this years Busiest(2019), I had a discussion with a few members that were there, we discussed possibly having a T6F stall (small table n chairs under a gazebo to show/sell the items that T6F members have and no longer need,
Wheels,
OEM suspension,
internal/external trims,
spares,
etc.

The cost and manning of said stall will be recouped/rotated from members willing to participate. I would also be willing to take items from members that are not attending.

Whats everyones thoughts on this?
My main concern would be footing the cost of a show pitch and not being able to recoup the full cost(TBC) but think that I/we have enough contacts to be able to set up along side other traders for a percentage/fee.

Sounds like a good idea depending on costs. Sure we all have old unused stuff to shift.

P.s. wouldn't be able to man the store as we'll be raving all weekend :D

Early days I know but needing some idea of numbers thinking of attending this years(2020) event? we need to ensure we resave a big enough area for all that want to attend but to also retain our current spot in the camping area.

I know that some members were in 'general camping' but would now like to switch to the more spacious club camping???

Please pass on the word...

Thanks
Also, following on from post #3 above, I would be interested in pleases thoughts on if this is a possibility. I would think that @Pauly and the T6F Shop may interested in promoting their bespoke looms etc.

Fish,

I have confirmed to the organisers we will be attending next year and have requested additional places if possible so will see what they come back with.
Having personally missed the event this year we will be returning for the next event so will be good to meet more members

I was in general camping, from memory we were just outside Worcester...:whistle:

We'll be back as it was an excellent weekend and while I'm normally a bit anti gated communities we really ought to try and get into the T6 encampment this time if only to show the Lowdown Transporters they're not the only one's to cool for school...:geek:

Just noticed you can buy tickets for T6 area on the Bus Fest website. Is that what we need to do?

Hi All
When booking it ask’s for club code.........is there one and what is it.

Can any one help

cheers

Back