Bull bar fitting??

No, just someone who is aware of the lethal characteristics of these chunks of metal placed on the front of vehicles.
I guess they must perform a function or Australians wouldn't fit them, I always supposed that they protect the vehicle from kangaroo impacts particularly at night on outback roads, a fair objective. If that's the case then it'd be up to the Australian government to decide whether to ban their use, if indeed they are causing the deaths of children.

Hi, the small nudge bar is from gemtrek lighting on ebay for $39.99, its aluminium and i bought the black one rather than chrome as i wanted light to be fairly inconspicuous.
The light bar is from Stedi in Melbourne , shipped really fast, its a 18.5 inch high output cree led bar. $209.00. Everything in the box for fitting including plug and play harness.
The 2 outer leds on each end are floods and the rest are spots for deeper penetration.
Looked at Light force bars which are excellent but twice the price but not twice as good, imo

Mick
Thanks Mick, that's great I will check them out.

The debate on the bull bars and nudge bars is interesting... country roads dark nights and Kangaroos are a real problem out here but although I have had several vehicles with bull bars fitted I have to say that they did not help on the two occasions I have hit a kangaroo; they both jumped into the side of my vehicle! However I don't do a lot of night driving and these days I never go off-road.
Apart from protection from Kangaroos, horses and cattle I suspect two other main reasons for fitting them are 1. style, (they look good to many owners) and 2. they are a convenient mount for extra driving lights, aerials, water bags etc.
Getting back to the theme of this thread perhaps if VW fitted better driving lights (and reversing lights) at least some of us would not need to modify our vehicles in this way. :)

Cheers

Brian

Bull bars / nudge bars are particularly useful in the office carpark.............."Oh, sorry boss! Was that your car? Oops!"

I’ve seen heaps of nudge bars for light duty purposes and the bull bars I’ve seen seem very generic with provisions for sensors Looking ugly for the t6.1 front end, if someone could recommend a better looking one I’d appreciate it.
other than that I could spec one and get it made
try driving outback in Oz on dawn and dusk then getting there in one piece !
20km a hour might do it

Has anyone had any luck with fitting a reasonable bar to an ACC equiped T6? I'd be happy with something to protect the front at low speed and to mount additional lighting.

I don't want to give another $1,000 to VW for fitting a bracket / recalibration after a knob in a carpark backed into me. So much for German engineering. The placement of the sensor is an afterthought at best.

BTW Kangaroos, Wombats and stupid large birds can be found on most main roads, not just the outback.

Thank you. Great link. They have both nudge bar and bullbar options. Now I have a decision to make :).

Hi all hopefully not asking the same old Q. What size driving lights have people installed on bull bars that don’t interfere with adaptive cruise control if yes is there a distance the lights are to be away from the sensor
cheers

Hi all.
I would like to fit a black bull bar but can’t seem to find one that doesn’t cover the number plate.
obviously ocd won’t allow me to fit one of these.
Does such a product exist. Any help appreciated.

Hi all.
I would like to fit a black bull bar but can’t seem to find one that doesn’t cover the number plate.
I have one of these Linky

Hi all.
Not sure where you buy them, but the vw converter Rolling homes must knowAB684D43-4597-418E-B33A-175FC9F980E4.jpeg

I hope you’ve got a bushman in the passenger seat watching out for rogue lions while the kids are dropped to school:rolleyes:

Back