Broken Into

Bill1979

One well place hole drilled in the side door and that’s all my power tools gone and my golf clubs. Gutted, I really hate thieves

Last edited:
I know this public section of the forum is not to place to answer this, but I would love to know why that location specifically.

Pete

Very sad to see, hopefully the insurance covers it. I realise that there are already a significant number of scumbags out there with the knowledge but posting photos might give others ideas.

I saw the photo before you took it down. I'm wondering if there is anything we can do to prvent this from working? Metal plate on the inside?

I don’t know how you get a metal plate on the inside. They only drilled through the outer skin. Think I’ll put dead locks on when it comes back, although they probably have a way round those too

Side doors seem to be the achilles heal of all vans and now it seems to have spread to the Transporter, I moved all my power tools and test kit to the tailgate area of my van a few months back as hopefully this is an area that hasn't yet been widely exploited.

I’ve seen the dross revert to a chainsaw to cut the side out of a van!

Sadly if they want the contents of your van they will get them. I don't doubt we all harbour the same thoughts of how the low lifes should be punished, but successive governments introduced cautions, warnings, final warnings, reprimands, final reprimands and "restorative justice" to make sure that even if these wasters are caught, they hardly ever go to Court. That's why so many magistrates Courts have closed over the last 20 years.
Of course, if they go to Court, it will turn out that it's your fault for owning such expensive equipment, while the miscreant has nothing, so the Courts will impose a punishment that is not worthy of the name, like a fine that won't get paid. Contrary to some opinion, prison works, after all if they're locked up they can only steal off other dross.
As inconvenient as it is I empty my van every evening and hope that they use a torch through the tinted windows so they can see it's empty. Old step ladders and other old stuff stays in the van, but nothing with resale value.
So the tools are in the house. If they're willing to meet my dogs to get the tools, they deserve them.
I know some tradesmen have a lot more stuff and it might be impractical or next to impossible to do the same.

Classic attack on a Transporter is with an old style tin opener at the rearward end of the side door, same level as the door handle. When I had my conversion done, I had the converter Sika a piece of one of the window cutouts on the inside of the door before the insulation went in.

Annoyingly the police have been in touch and said it’s a closed case despite possible cctv in the area. They don’t time or resources to trawl through it. Years of cuts has lead to “low level” crime just being logged and left uninvestigated. What’s worse is this is my courtesy van

7B2B6C27-CE7B-48E5-8CDB-B7E4EBEA49AA.jpeg

Now I really feel for you!

What sods, like saltys idea. For camper conerversions they could cut a section of the 'cut out roof panel' to double up on the door metal work...

My daughter had the wing mirrors on her car kicked off, the scumbag was caught on a couple of CCTV systems doing the same to other cars in the same road. As he was a minor he was given another caution, according to neighbours he already had previous offences.
I can’t help think that the prosecution might have proceeded if it had be a police officers car that was damaged.

If you catch the scum and give them a good pasting, your looking at three months and paying them compy!!!!!!!
The Police would be all over you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Had my previous Caravan broken into on my drive, all I got was a crime number. Luckily just two plastic window catches broken at £30 to replace, there was nothing in the van worth nicking.

Back