Brittany and beyond!

Just sorted our route and booked a few sites to get us going.
Heading to Ile de Rey first for 5 days of R&R - using @Polzeylad's recommendation - La Grainetierre.
With all this cold weather arriving - it felt good to plan for some sun!:smile bounce:

Just sorted our route and booked a few sites to get us going.
Heading to Ile de Rey first for 5 days of R&R - using @Polzeylad's recommendation - La Grainetierre.
With all this cold weather arriving - it felt good to plan for some sun!:smile bounce:

When you at Ile de re? I'm there from April 5th to the 13th. (same site)
We went last year at the same time and loved the island, plus the weather was in the 20s which is a very welcomed change.

@Tourershine
Hi would have been good to have met up - however we are not going until June.

Send some pics and any recommendations for food, drinks, trips etc.
We will be taking our bikes so hoping for some good roads and easy peddling!!
Have a great trip.

@Tourershine
Hi would have been good to have met up - however we are not going until June.

Send some pics and any recommendations for food, drinks, trips etc.
We will be taking our bikes so hoping for some good roads and easy peddling!!
Have a great trip.

I was just making sure I didn't bump into any vest wearing beer swilling brits.... ;)

The site food is themed each night, and they do a pretty good Paella, but the nearest town has loads of amazing restaurants and shops.
As for riding, you will love that! The roads are not really designed for bikes because they can get quite narrow, but the whole island is miles and miles of cycle paths, and there's pretty much no where you cannot cycle to.
We spent most of our time in La Flotte last year, which is a 5 min ride.
If you haven't already got a toll tag, get one, it makes your holiday a lot more relaxed.

Great stuff.
TOH will appreciate the easy cycling!!
Read a bit about La Flotte and it sounds great.
Yeah ...have the toll tag from last year ...its great. ....And my son still owes me for his holiday through France!!
Guess i'll not see that again!!

Great stuff.
TOH will appreciate the easy cycling!!
Read a bit about La Flotte and it sounds great.
Yeah ...have the toll tag from last year ...its great. ....And my son still owes me for his holiday through France!!
Guess i'll not see that again!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

The things we lend family! I hear you there.

Hi, we are off to France this summer as well, how do you get yourself a toll tag and what are they?? Sorry for ignorance, first time driving through France!

The toll tag is basically a little device you stick on your windscreen which allows you to drive through the automated toll booths on the motorway without stopping. These devices are linked to your account and at the end of the month the toll fees together with a small charge are debited from your bank account by direct debit.
We found the best way to get one is by using the link on Eurotunnel website to the Sanef site as it saves you a few quid.
If you are planning on using the toll motorways they are well worth the small extra management charge.

Hi Richard, you can, if you prefer, pay at the toll booths as you go. The tag merely saves you having to queue and fumbling around for your card/cash each time.
Probably best if you go to the Sanef website and have a read as you can not get just one tag which will cover all the countries but Sanef can supply a Spanish/Portugal tag as well as a French one.

We've had one for a few years now and have honestly saved hours. Also the new 30KPH lanes on the far right are always empty and you just sail past all the queues.
Use this link for a discount; https://www.saneftolling.co.uk/subscription?ref=RF-20130418-9E30913

I'd agree with that. We've been driving in Europe for years, and it's only the last 2 years we had the tags and i'd say they've made our lives a lot easier.
Portugal we were stopped on entry and offered the option to give our payment details against the numberplate, which was then debited from my account at the end of the month.
Switzerland is also really good, where you buy a year long tax sticker that allows you to use the motorways without any toll stops. (Plus a lot cheaper)

Can anyone recommend a good campsite in south Brittany good for kids and close to the beaches and local town for bars and restaurants?

We've just come back from that region.
This is probably a bit too south.
We stayed at Camping Ventouse - Jard Sur Mer - good site with pool for kids.
Quiet town only 10 mins walk.
Beach and harbour - 10 mins - restaurants etc.
All that coast is great. esp Olonne Sur Mer - much larger with cracking beach and everything that goes with it.

We then moved North to Quimper - which was also superb - Chateau Lannirons.
Also great to walk into town.

Camping Longchamp Saint Lunaire. 5 minute walk to the beach great campsite with indoor and outdoor pools. Not rammed with Brits, a good mixture of Nationalities which I prefer. Town is a short walk and is lovely.

20190710_175128.jpg

Back