Brittany and beyond!

Hi All
Off to Normandie and Brittany in a couple of weeks.

Anybody got any recommendations for D- Day beaches and further afield into Southern Brittany?

Ideas gratefully received

Hi All

Anybody got any recommendations for D- Day beaches and further afield into Southern Brittany?

Arromanches in Normandie, makes sure you go to the 360 cinema experience

Hi All

Stayed at camping LePicard at Tourniers which is good for Bayeaux and the beaches, has an outdoor pool and basic toilets.

Although right on the eastern limits of the d day sites LeValee at Houlgate is good for Pegasus Bridge and Merville Battery. Oiusterham and Arromanches are within a reasonable drive. We is also a good municipal site in Houlgate which we will use when we have no children with us. Houlgate is a lovely town with a great beach.

Hope this helps and enjoy your trip.

Stayed at camping LePicard at Tourniers which is good for Bayeaux and the beaches, has an outdoor pool and basic toilets.

Although right on the eastern limits of the d day sites LeValee at Houlgate is good for Pegasus Bridge and Merville Battery. Oiusterham and Arromanches are within a reasonable drive. We is also a good municipal site in Houlgate which we will use when we have no children with us. Houlgate is a lovely town with a great beach.

Hope this helps and enjoy your trip.

I second Camping Le Picard to use as a base for the beaches. I've just got back from a week there and it was by far the best site i've stayed on in France (usually touring on a bike though)

Back