Brake Bleeding - sequence?

Did a fluid change today with the Sealey tool, I used 1.5L and used a pressure of 1.5 bar.
The Sealey tool is well made.
Nice one I shall have one of those. The cap won't fit my Kia though and the one that does doesn't seem to be available anywhere!!!! I can't find a cap anywhere that will fit that I could modify. The distributor of the Sealey is Alba Diagnostics > Alba Diagnostics Ltd and they have an adaptor application pdf that you can check but they don't deal with the general public and they don't list dealers. The cap that fits all is on fleabay or Amazon but its a pile of crap and far too flexible to be of any use. So its the T6 for now, the Kia can wait, I'm only keeping it for the grandson who is 17 this year.

Nice one I shall have one of those. The cap won't fit my Kia though and the one that does doesn't seem to be available anywhere!!!! I can't find a cap anywhere that will fit that I could modify. The distributor of the Sealey is Alba Diagnostics > Alba Diagnostics Ltd and they have an adaptor application pdf that you can check but they don't deal with the general public and they don't list dealers. The cap that fits all is on fleabay or Amazon but its a pile of crap and far too flexible to be of any use. So its the T6 for now, the Kia can wait, I'm only keeping it for the grandson who is 17 this year.
Pretty sure I saw genuine adaptors / clamps on Ebay a while back. Ebay was also the cheapest to purchase by far.

Pretty sure I saw genuine adaptors / clamps on Ebay a while back. Ebay was also the cheapest to purchase by far.
Tried eBay with a few searches and the adaptor is an ALB40018 for the Kia. The one with the Sealy is OK for the T6 and quite a few others but won't fit the Kia. The 40018 does fit quite a few other cars so I will see if a fluid reservoir cap is available for one of those. The adaptor list is here. Cap Adaptor Chart > Alba Diagnostics > Alba Diagnostics Ltd

Last edited:
I think you need the universal adaptor Sealey V820UA. Doesn‘t look like the perfect solution but I’m sure they wouldn’t market it if it was crap.

From the manual:

A pre-pressure of 2 bar is required to bleed the hydraulic system.
Open bleeder valves in the specified order and bleed brake callipers.
  • Front right brake calliper
  • Front left brake calliper
  • Rear right brake calliper
  • Rear left brake calliper
Hi Loz, I need to bleed my t5.1 2013 van. Could you comfirm this would be the same sequence please as I am doing it old school manually. Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
I need to do this job and was going to use my Sealy pressure bleed kit as others have. Can I ask do you need a diagnostic scanner to operate the ABS to fully bleed the system?
Never bled a VW T6. I'm used the Mercs where you need a scanner to power valves in the braking system

Thankyou.
I assume the brake pedal needs to be pushed or does the pressure from the bleeder mean that is not nessessary. If there is a link to a hydraulic flow diagram I can check myself

Thankyou.
I assume the brake pedal needs to be pushed or does the pressure from the bleeder mean that is not nessessary. If there is a link to a hydraulic flow diagram I can check myself
No pedal pushing required.
My advice is to use the minimum pressure to get fluid flow. Completely spherical reservoirs (as T6) are much stronger than elliptical reservoirs. I blew an elliptical reservoir recently on a different vehicle.

You need 2bar minimum to overcome the ABS valves.

You can do it the old fashioned way with the pedal if you wish. Infact VW have that as an option in the manuals if you have problems with the pressure bleed option.

So are we bleeding away from the ABS unit. So on a T6 T32 with the unit on the right looking into the engine bay it is
Passenger side front, drivers side front, passenger side back, drivers side back?

Reactions: Loz
Hi.

I'm going do a full/major service for my 2018 T6.

Im happy with oil and filter changes. However, I've never done the brake fluid before. I was fairly happy with the process after reading the forums and watching a few videos, however. I've downloaded the manual from the download section and the slave cylinder bleed has thrown me off a bit. I was under the impression you:

1. Remove oil fluid
2. Refill with new fluid
3. Bleed the system by opening each brake calliper bleep nipple in sequence until the oil flows smoothly.

I have ordered a bleed kit so I can pressurise the system and do it by myself.

Can anyone shine some light on where the slave cylinder is and if they have done this before?

I have just had the slave cylinder replaced which cost over £2k by VW due to the GB having the come out which is why I am a bit hesitant.

Thanks
Adam

IMG_2191.png

Surely it they replaced the slave they would have replaced/bled much of the old fluid out? What does the invoice breakdown as showing?

I always thought the thing that the brake pedal connects to was the slave cylinder however might be wrong, ie when you press brake pedal it operates and voila the brakes come on. The fluid reservoir is usually on top of it on old school motors.

Probably. If I do it now as part of the service I know where I'm at with it, and its only £8 for a bottle of fluid.

I didn't realise the clutch and brake system were linked.

Back