Bookmarked pages behaving different

huxwar

T6 Guru
I have an bookmarked the forums ‘new posts’ page on both my ipad and iphone.
If i open this bookmark on my ipad the new posts page opens but only to the data that was available at that time of bookmarking it. I therefore have to refresh the page for the latest ‘new posts’
However on my iphone when i open ‘new posts’ bookmarked page i get the very latest posts.
I have tried adjusting the settings i know of, I've not got much out of google either.
Any ideas? Do you all have the same issue? Is it something solely to do with different platforms?

@Pauly @Loz?

not too sure but i though it was to do with how the browser handles its cache?

i have forum bookmarks . . but always have to F5 refresh, (or swipe down on mobile) to refresh the page. i do it without thinking now.

Windows PC with chrome, or Mobile with Android . . .

This has to be a cache issue, I tried it on my iPhone and the shortcut reloaded the old page, turn on private browsing (bypassing any cache) and it loads the current new posts

You can clear cache to test this by pressing F5 when refreshing or using private browsing etc

This has to be a cache issue, I tried it on my iPhone and the shortcut reloaded the old page, turn on private browsing (bypassing any cache) and it loads the current new posts

You can clear cache to test this by pressing F5 when refreshing or using private browsing etc
That’s different agin then as it works sweet on my iPhone (not on private browsing) but not on iPad :confused:

my iPad works ok with a bookmark for new posts.

Back