Body control changes for sunroof retrofit

Sorry, it's permanent live...
Do you think it’s worth just trying a positive and neg feed to it and not the bcm wires ? If it is just it’s own stand alone module then I’m guessing it does not need these wires to function and they could be inadvertently holding it off ? Running out of ideas here

Do you think it’s worth just trying a positive and neg feed to it and not the bcm wires ? If it is just it’s own stand alone module then I’m guessing it does not need these wires to function and they could be inadvertently holding it off ? Running out of ideas here
Just tried supplying just the 12 v , still no good

[21] is reference to the location where the wire continues its way on a different page.
Each wiring diagram page has numbers labelled at the bottom for reference.
T73b/4 (58d) is illumination.

Reactions: mmi
[21] is reference to the location where the wire continues its way on a different page.
(58d) is illumination
Ok thank you mate , this goes back to the BCM white connector and was already on my van loom so I guess it was already powering a bulb ?

You can connect to illumination at any switch in your dashboard if that is easier for you.

Reactions: mmi
You can connect to illumination at any switch in your dashboard if that is easier for you.
Cheers Rob , still looking at any other reason as to why i cannot get the sunroof to work , is there any other wire in the circuit that is stopping the switch from sending the power to the motor for the sunroof to operate. I have 12 v going in and earth is connected just cannot get power to the motor ? Looking into the BCM issues yesterday and with what you guys are telling me , the settings in there are just so you can operate the sunroof through the key to close on comfort mode and not the general functioning of the sunroof ? The white and purple wire that goes to the speed sensor pin 9 in the blue connector on the back of the clocks , what does this do ? Is it so you cannot open the sunroof above a certain speed ?

The white and purple wire that goes to the speed sensor pin 9 in the blue connector on the back of the clocks , what does this do ? Is it so you cannot open the sunroof above a certain speed ?
I think it's to close the sunroof from tilt position once you go over a certain speed.

Have a look into following Video explaining how to Read the Wiring.

So still having issues with getting the sunroof functioning, we have proved that both motors are good and they work by reverse polarity, im still wondering if there is a re set for the sunroof if it looses its power , seen a few things on the net and some have been on vw sunroofs but nothing specific for the T6 roof , has anyone with a sunroof fitted had any issues with there's if they have disconnected the battery ?
Cheers Steve

T73b/4 (58d) is illumination.
HI Robert , are you able to tell me what the yellow and red and yellow wires that go to the BCM actually do ?

Cheers Steve

They are for the total closure signal.
Thanks Robert , So when i checked the pin idents they are both out puts so only come in to play when you press the key and the comfort mode in the BCM kicks in . Nothing to do with the sunroof general functioning ? I'm still struggling to get the sunroof to work and not sure why ? Going to go back through it this afternoon and buzz out all my connections

Back