Body control changes for sunroof retrofit

Bainsey1695

T6 Pro
Hi guys and girls , looking for some help , I have retro fitted a factory sunroof but struggling to get power to it , I have fitted the oem loom from the donor van , will I need to get the bcm re programmed to allow power to it ? Many thanks Steve

The sunroof has its own control module so once the module and motor are correctly connected i would expect it to work manually with the buttons, getting the roof to comfort close from the keyfob will prob require some coding just so the van knows it is present

I have never connected one so thats just my assumption

Have you ignition on? Have you a multimeter to check you have 12v going to the control unit?

So after a frustrating day I now know that the two block connectors one green and one white from behind the glove box have missing wires that are required to have a functioning sunroof , not even the main power wire is present any of you wizard sparkies close to Weston super mare or recommend anyone local to me that can help ? Really want to finish this install myself but pushing me to my limits as I am no electrical boffin

Which pins in the green connector are missing wires?
The wiring diagram linked above shows 2 wires going from the green connector to the bcm. Is it these ones you are missing?

Hi Rob, do you possibly have a diagram for the electrics on the van ? So I can work out where the wires go to from the block connectors that are behind the glove box ? Many thanks for you time mate
Have you looked here?

Which pins in the green connector are missing wires?
The wiring diagram linked above shows 2 wires going from the green connector to the bcm. Is it these ones you are missing?
Hi paddy , yes I think so but this is where in struggling as don’t know how theses actually go to in the bcm ??

Back