BMVS: TVS Engineering dealer

Had the Driveability mapping done this week on my 204 4 motion and it has made such a difference. Better gear selection for instant acceleration at all speeds especially on Motorways where as soon as you want to increase speed it instantly changes down a gear, without going anywhere near the kick down position.
No more 40mph in seventh gear:)
It might be me but it just seems more progressive and very smooth, especially when pulling off
very very pleased :thumbsup:

That’s good to hear you’re loving it.

I’ve just used your van in an Instagram post - Shes beauty - great stance

Could someone recommend a TVS dealership in the north that will do me a stage 1 update, and not insist on stage 2 only at twice the price.

BognorMotors

Hi I would like to ask about DSG gear box software for the future, as my T6 Executive is on just one year old and I would be concerned about warranty issues untill this has expired. Firstly I find engine braking on the T6 to be exceptionally poor compared to any vehicle that I have driven or ridden for that matter. I use engine breaking most of the time and obviously I will chose the most appropriate gear for the maximum retardation when necessary either by the provided flappy paddles or by selecting manual control via selection on the gear lever by pulling it to the right while in drive.

1. Do any of the programs that you use provide, give greater engine breaking? I think that I saw somewhere that less engine breaking can be selected but I am only interested in a greater force of retardation. It is quite frustrating to need to use what I consider to be an excessively low gear to help or hold the vehicle down hill, only for it to runaway with the engine revs getting higher and higher anyway, on even what I would call moderate hills. Where other vehicles weather they be manual or old fashioned auto box held down manually, negotiate the exact same situations adequately well!

2. I have noticed that the mapping that is provided for DSG appears to improve the selection of gears while selecting Drive. Has any modification been applied to the sport selection?

3. Do you by any chance provide the VAG VW updates that seem to have arrived to cure the appalling and notorious pull away problems associated with the DSG or is this a Main Dealer only Fix?
Thank you.

Ok to answer your questions;

1 Yes, a better matching shifting strategy is included in our drivability upgrade solutions. Due to the increased engine speed during low/part-load operation, engine braking will be increased as well.

2 Usually the sport strategy is lowered and better matched to trailer usage. So lower engine speeds in low/part load, and better usage of the available torque during heavy load situations (trailers etc.)

3 Yes, we offer all available factory updates and our tunes are usually based on the most suitable software version (whether update or not, not in all cases are updates better )

Ok to answer your questions;

1 Yes, a better matching shifting strategy is included in our drivability upgrade solutions. Due to the increased engine speed during low/part-load operation, engine braking will be increased as well.

2 Usually the sport strategy is lowered and better matched to trailer usage. So lower engine speeds in low/part load, and better usage of the available torque during heavy load situations (trailers etc.)

3 Yes, we offer all available factory updates and our tunes are usually based on the most suitable software version (whether update or not, not in all cases are updates better )
Thank you for that information.

I have a new t6.1 kombi 199 dsg 4 motion... and the dsg is poor and slow to change up. My first transporter dsg and nothing like the TT I had! Sadly I couldnt try before i bought. I tow a caravan sometimes too. It's one month old and live 80 miles north of Edinburgh. Any ideas please?

TVS improves the operation of all DSG gearboxes. DM me your postcode and I’ll find your local dealer.

Oli, does the TVS modification affect warranty in any way
I believe Oli has covered this before but I can't find his quote, sorry.

as an overview, Yes it does effect warranty as it's a software change to the DSG ECU.
If VW flash an update to the DSG ECU it will overwrite the changes.

Oli, does the TVS modification affect warranty in any way

Hello

Yes it will invalidate the warranty on the gearbox - However if you wish you can flash out back to standard for any dealer visits - We just advise from the outset that any changes from he manufacture spec will invlalidate the warranty - On that part at least

HTH

Back