BMVS: TVS Engineering dealer

Id thought I’d update on this thread.

Since becoming a TVS dealer, and baring in mind 3 months have been in lockdown, we have installed TVS gearbox software into nearly 30 vehicles, the large majority of which are Transporters. Every week is getting busier and busier with 2-3 booked in.

We are having a 100% satisfaction with this software, and even offering it to customers who don’t have an issue with their gearbox, and are all feeling the benefits of the upgrade.

If you are in anyway unhappy with how your DSG feels, give us a call and we can talk you through the options.

It comes with a money back guarantee if you are not happy - we have never had to use this

Thanks all

Last edited by a moderator:
So to keep you all updated on this we have flashed well over a dozen vehicles now - cars and vans, with every owner blown away by the driving improvement over standard. Some mapped vehicles, some standard. The TVS software, I guarantee, will transform how your van drives. We offer a money back guarantee if you are not happy
Please get in touch to discuss how we can improve your gearbox, and any other modifications you need - we really do offer a complete one stop shop for everything Transporter!
What price for 2018 4 motion TDi 204ps

From what I've read the "drivability upgrade" improves gear shifting strategies and makes shift more smooth. However the most annoying problems with stock DSG soft I have is the "lag" during the take off, not while driving. When I need to start from the ground I need to wait 2-3 sec before vehicle will really start to drive (while "rolling" is immediately after I release break). The same lag is also on reverse (maybe even longer but I mostly drive forward :p).

So could anyone tell me if this upgrade will fix this problem? I was recently in VW dealer, they uploaded new software but problem is not solved... Will TVS drivability fix the gear shifting lag on start?

Yes it sorts the delay out 100%.

And unless you are big BHP/torque the Driveability is all you need. Stage 2+ would be the next step which includes it.

Anything you do to alter from the factory spec will invalidate the warranty on that and/or associated parts. The TVs map is hard to find, but all the same can be, and we advise as such when we carry out such modifications.

It all vehicle , sytockfile and gearbox dependant to be fair.

TVS Driveability is a typical upgrade for a standard vehicle, although as we have proved on the Transporter, works well at stage 1 as well as standard, and the torque is all within the accepted limited, for this software. Going ECU stage 2 or hybrid turbo, or further tuning on the transporter, we would recommend stage 2+

On cars typically anything stage 1 and above, we go straight to Stage 2+

HTH

Last edited:
BognorMotors

Hi I would like to ask about DSG gear box software for the future, as my T6 Executive is on just one year old and I would be concerned about warranty issues untill this has expired. Firstly I find engine braking on the T6 to be exceptionally poor compared to any vehicle that I have driven or ridden for that matter. I use engine breaking most of the time and obviously I will chose the most appropriate gear for the maximum retardation when necessary either by the provided flappy paddles or by selecting manual control via selection on the gear lever by pulling it to the right while in drive.

1. Do any of the programs that you use provide, give greater engine breaking? I think that I saw somewhere that less engine breaking can be selected but I am only interested in a greater force of retardation. It is quite frustrating to need to use what I consider to be an excessively low gear to help or hold the vehicle down hill, only for it to runaway with the engine revs getting higher and higher anyway, on even what I would call moderate hills. Where other vehicles weather they be manual or old fashioned auto box held down manually, negotiate the exact same situations adequately well!

2. I have noticed that the mapping that is provided for DSG appears to improve the selection of gears while selecting Drive. Has any modification been applied to the sport selection?

3. Do you by any chance provide the VAG VW updates that seem to have arrived to cure the appalling and notorious pull away problems associated with the DSG or is this a Main Dealer only Fix?
Thank you.

It all vehicle , sytockfile and gearbox dependant to be fair.

TVS Driveability is a typical upgrade for a standard vehicle, although as we have proved on the Transporter works well at stage 1 and standard and the torque is all within the accepted limited, for this software. Going ECU stage 2 or hybrid turbo, or further tuning o yoru transporter and we would recommend stage 2+

On cars typically anything stage 1 and above, we go straight to Stage 2+

HTH
Hmmmm, were you using speak and spell?

So the Driveability map is only for standard T6's?

Hmmmm, were you using speak and spell?

So the Driveability map is only for standard T6's?

Sorry edited now.

Driveability works perfectly well on a standard and stage 1 transporter. No need for stage 2+

I had my TVS map done by Oli’s team in August. I‘ve done a good few miles since then and was lucky enough to take a roadtrip up to the Highlands before Lockdown. It’s a massive improvement!

Gear strategy is much better, standard DSG wants to select highest possible gear and often this means that you are 1 maybe 2 ratios too high. The TVS map is less hungry for gears, and overall leaves you in a lower gear than standard. It will shift more, rather than hanging on, means it’s way more responsive. The Highlands were a great test, constantly changing gradient and very few straights, plus a decent load as a camper. in this situation before the map, I would have been in M. But never felt a need to click a paddle and override the TVS map decision.

My van is only a 140 with Revo Stage 1, so I’m in the middle of the power stakes. Only thing I would call out is that it might have cost me 1 or 2 mpg, but that’s a small price for much improved drivability.

Back