BMVS: TVS Engineering dealer

This has got me thinking and in no way is this a criticism of the tvs dsg remap in fact if it wasn’t for vw warranty worries I would probably go for it but as it is so good why don’t vw with all their resources come up with a better map?? It doesn’t seem to be fuel economy as one or two people have said they can see no difference in mpg. Is it reliability? All though personally I don’t think going into 7th at 43 mph and just over 1000 rpm is good for the dmf or regens. So are vw just naff at their gearbox maps or am I missing something?

Getting a stage 2 done at Bognor in two weeks so will report back with the results. Excited if it improves the constantly laboured VW map.

BR,
Mat
Hi Mat,

Can you give us a three month review please? Did you get both engine and DSG remapped? Cheers.

Hi Mat,

Can you give us a three month review please? Did you get both engine and DSG remapped? Cheers.
Hi,

Yes I got both the Stage 2 Engine and DSG mapped.

It wouldn't be fair for me to comment on the DSG map as, although it is brilliant in sport, Drive is the same as the OEM map and annoyingly engages this map when cruise is set so ends up laboring the engine again. Bognor have been great and got back to me really quickly, they have another map from TVS to apply but don't know if it will fix it. Ultimately it's waiting on me to make the 6 hour round trip back there which I don't have time for currently. I will update once this has been looked at.

The REVO engine map is fantastic. Much smoother through the entire operation range, especially less snappy on take off and low speed maneuvering. Interestingly, the exhaust note has less resonance, maybe it is less advanced at the bottom end?
The best part is the power at both the top and bottom end, before there is no power after 3-4 rpm which was stupid for a Petrol but now it just keeps pulling hard to redline. There is less surging at the bottom end now and pulls really hard from about 1200 rpm.

Overall I am delighted with the engine map and if Bognor can sort the DSG map I will be very happy with that too.

BR,
Mat

Thats great to hear you are pleased - Its how the van should have come out of the factory for sure
Can you please comment if removing the coasting and reducing engine braking are useful options with TVS (for tiguan dq500)? I found them available with st2+ on the TVS website. Regards

It’s only useful if you want it. Personally I don’t like the coasting feature. Maybe a chat on the phone is the best way forward.

Back