Blown ecu

patstone

T30 bluemotion 6 speed euro 5 .jumped with 24v jump pack, abs blown ecu and god knows what else,,.I can't get coding from old parts to use in new part,is there another way,cloning the ecu? Has any one the abs codes

oh jeez. . . . thats not good.

surprised so much damage with just 24v.

have you got VCDS coms with anything?

Sorry very new to diagnostics have snap on ethos edge only. Was hoping to attack one problem at a time starting with ecu and abs

so coms with anything?

any error codes?

there could be 15 modules or more to talk to. . .

the gateway in the BCM is the main unit.

Sorry for the late reply,everything works except no crank no glow plug light on dash ,have airbags fault relating to abs and have two u codes,I figured it was because ecu want talking,lots of lights on dash and indicators don't work im thinking because of abs could be wrong,only 3 things no comms with is ecu abs and steering angle sensor, when you start talking about gateways its over my head but I learn quick,so any info or help is much appreciated

replaiced abs module today alot of dash lights went out,still have check engine and anti skid, lights. I can now comm with abs (still needs coding) ,but no comms with ecu, ecu next on list I think

Depends where you are getting parts from ?
The official/correct way of doing it is to buy new modules from VW then code them with ODIS (dealer software) as this will connect to the VW mothership and rebuild the factory programming

If you get second hand modules from a similar van then they will prob have the correct coding in them but software varies model to model and year to year so may well still need some programming

You dont say what year/model your van is ?
I have compiled quite a few scans from vans over the years so may be able to show you some coding of something similar but remember theres more to control modules than just coding, its flashed with a software dataset based on model and also has many adaption channels than can be configured
If you are trying to go as far as you can yourself then VCDS would be helpful to assist you but all depends on what van you have and what modules you have bought etc etc

Reactions: mmi
Vw t6 2016 euro 5 t30 150bhp 6 speed.was told to try abs module first that it might bring ecu back into line. But no, was looking for ecu from similar van was going to take immobiliser of it.i will be getting vcds soon not cheap

Depends where you are getting parts from ?
The official/correct way of doing it is to buy new modules from VW then code them with ODIS (dealer software) as this will connect to the VW mothership and rebuild the factory programming

If you get second hand modules from a similar van then they will prob have the correct coding in them but software varies model to model and year to year so may well still need some programming

You dont say what year/model your van is ?
I have compiled quite a few scans from vans over the years so may be able to show you some coding of something similar but remember theres more to control modules than just coding, its flashed with a software dataset based on model and also has many adaption channels than can be configured
If you are trying to go as far as you can yourself then VCDS would be helpful to assist you but all depends on what van you have and what modules you have bought etc etc
The ABS encoding is connected to the VIN, it will not work from another machine

Back