P2463 (23902) with engine and glow plug light on. Force regen not working. What should I try next on a 2020 T6.1?

matmah

I have Carista (OBDLink LX dongle) and OBDeleven pro versions and I can receive on VCDS (Can't send as my cables too old). I cannot get VAG DPF to work for some reason.

Recently the engine and glow plug light came on. When I checked it one app said,

Volkswagen: P2463 - Particulate Filter Restriction.

and on Carista
Particulate Filter Restriction - Soot accumulation Bank 1

No other fault codes apart from that one, and any time I try to reset the fault code, it just returns immediately.

The current soot level is 40g, and going up slowly. It is not in limp mode yet, but I presume this will happen when it hits about 50g? I am trying to limit my driving, but

I am pretty sure it is down to how the vehicle is used, as I only really used to transport my mums mobility scooter on short journeys, as well as trips to the shops. It may occasionally goes for a long drive once every couple of months.

So far I have tried a letting the van regen itself by taking it on a long drive, but that didn't work.

I have also tried to force a parked and driving regen with Carista, OBDeleven and a launch machine. Again, none of these has worked.

I am wondering what I should be trying next. I am quite competent with engines etc, but just need a little direction as my experience with DPFs is very limited.

Should I be checking the sensors? Taking the DPF of and trying to clean it myself? Try something else?

I presume getting the DPF cleaned professionally, would only be a temporary fix?

Component: R4 2.0l TDI
Software version: 9942
ASAM/ODX identifier: EV_ECM20TDI03004L906056SD
Coding: 001140144324050900000000000000000000000000000000 (hex)
Fault codes:
23902 Manufacturer-specific code

When forcing the regen did you have the bonnet open? T6.1 and newer cars are SFD enabled and require the bonnet open to put them in service mode otherwise most functions via a diagnostic tester won't work

Thanks for the advice.

I did try it with the bonnet open once with Carista, but it didn't work. Also with ODBeleven I was switching to EOL service mode (end of assembly line) before performing the regen, so not sure if that is the same thing. It did look like it was going to work until the last step but the throttle didn't start increasing.

I will try again later with ODBeleven with the bonnet open, as that is something I haven't tried yet.

I did read elsewhere on the forum that it may not be working while the engine/glow plug lights are on. The problem is though, every time i reset them, they come straight back on. So maybe I need these lights off and the bonnet open to regen?

I am going to order VCDS again, but I doubt i'll get that till the end of next week. ODBeleven Pro does seem to covering things at the moment.

Carista did message me about putting the bonnet up, but with no explanation why. At least it is something else I can look into, and could possibly a reason why the regen is not working.

There is currently half a tank in there, and has been over that since the fault appeared.

If it makes a difference I was coming down a motorway with the low fuel light on (20 mile trip). I then refueled, fuel light went off, and the engine and glow plug lights came on at the garage as I left.

There is currently half a tank in there, and has been over that since the fault appeared.
Before the fault is what counts, re-gen’s aren’t carried out when the fuel level does not meet the minimum requirement. Owners Handbook.

Back