Bloody Sat Nav is CRAP!!!

BiTurbo

Heavy Plant Inspector
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Well traveling around Scotland with nothing but a postcode. Why can I only input 4digits into the sat nav. All that extra cost and its crap!

Yes, but at least it's crap while in a fantastic place...... With no work !!!!!!

My sat nav on more than one occasion has brought me off a dual carriageway only to take me straight back on again for no reason at all. :mad:

I love Kenwood / Garmin - it has provided us with so much entertainment and adventures ;)

I sat nav'd to Drayton Manor Theme Park once. Half hour up the road and I knew my way there. Brand new sat nav so insistent to use it. Chuffing thing took me to the emergency services access. Parked up down a dead end the other side of the park in front of locked gates, overlooking a disused gravel car park with the kids saying are we there yet.? Only use them if I have to. :confused:

Traffic master adds a whole new dimension of entertainment either here or in Europe.

Honestly we have seen places we would never have visited if it wasn't for that and when we get back on the Autobahn we can catch up with the people we have already passed ;)

We've all been there mate it's a menu designed by a half wit! I was sat there ready to smash it to bits when I had that light bulb moment!

Its German and designed for a 5 digit numerical code, ridiculous they dont adapt it for other markets

Yep like having DSG shift with the letters on the left where you can't see them.
Oh yeah, glad you mentioned that! Being used to a manual 4x4 I had to keep leaning round the DSG lever on my test drive to see what I had the gearbox set to...sure I'll get used to that once my own van turns up but the missus won't be impressed as she's never driven an 'auto'... (might have to stick a piece of masking tape down the drivers side for her with P D R etc. until she gets used to it)

It comes up on the dash display so its not to bad and you get used to it pretty quick

Having had two factory fit systems, we decided on a portable system which we use in the van; proper postcodes, free updates for life, speed warnings, amazing graphics especially in mountains.

I won't ever pay extra for factory Satnav again.
Dates very quickly, updates are both expensive and very awkward, the nav is usually pretty poor.

Last edited:
Back