Black oil leak front pipe mid way down engine, it’s a 180 Bi-turbo 2016 dsg 4-motion! Wondered if someone could help me with what it is?

looks very slight from the pics?

is there oil on the floor . . ?

or is the dipstick level dropping noticeably?

looks very slight from the pics?

is there oil on the floor . . ?

or is the dipstick level dropping noticeably?
Hi, it’s not leaking on floor yet. Noticed a wet patch on cable when topping up screen wash, when touched it it was like black sludge in once had on last t5 egr. When cleaned it out! Then noticed a loose corrugated type cable that’s covered in it!

Looks like you have a crack in the EGR flexi pipe.

Ok thanks @Deaky it’s also quite loose! Sort of moves in and out slightly! Is it a tricky repair? Heard also about some dodgy egr’s on the bi-turbo!

Not heard of any cracked EGR pipes on a CFCA (180ps). Try adding a photo from further away and point to the leak.
Like @Dellmassive said earlier it doesn‘t look major, could be something as simple as spillage from an oil change / top up.
The only way to be sure is to thoroughly degrease and wash down and then start monitoring for leakage after a few miles driving.

Not heard of any cracked EGR pipes on a CFCA (180ps). Try adding a photo from further away and point to the leak.
Like @Dellmassive said earlier it doesn‘t look major, could be something as simple as spillage from an oil change / top up.
The only way to be sure is to thoroughly degrease and wash down and then start monitoring for leakage after a few miles driving.
Definitely a loose pipe, that’s black exhaust gas type of sludge around pipe and label. Just wondering how long safe to drive?

0B08456F-CC03-4083-B4B9-E3C3E7C6B050.jpeg

F85701E6-AED2-4570-8C54-45C7AFFC7DD0.jpeg

7BD60D98-2A86-405D-A8AC-8A996E78E618.jpeg

DBF82768-78FC-4C76-8BAF-6D8EC920CD2E.jpeg

If it is exhaust gas leakage then as long as it’s not gassing you in the cab I’d drive to get a repair.
Just be aware that there are many noxious gases that can‘t be detected with the human hooter, keep the cab windows open.
I agree there are many undetectable noxious gases, but in this case they will be mixed with gases that are detectable buy the human hooter. I would rather keep the windows up and zircon on recirculate.

Back