Blacked-out grille trim and badges

cy294

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Afternoon all, hope you are all keeping safe.

I'm seeking your assistance in pictures of Indium grey T6's with blacked out badges and grill trims.

I'm looking to do this mod by wrapping the trim and badge in gloss black. I would use black insulation as a trial, but haven't got any.

Pics would be appreciated.

Thanks

Here you go, I sprayed my badge and strips myself, the rest of the grill is still plastic, I've got a spare one to get glossed so it all matches once we're allowed out again :thumbsup:

20200402_140403.jpg

Here you go, I sprayed my badge and strips myself, the rest of the grill is still plastic, I've got a spare one to get glossed so it all matches once we're allowed out again :thumbsup:

View attachment 66781
Liking that a lot, it's difficult to visualise it all black. The colour red has now entered the arena! The boss says it's too dark all gloss black.

I've just recently changed mine to gloss black but added a body coloured badge and one of the grill strips is body coloured aswell instead of gloss black. Could get a picture later if you want

Here you go. Any excuse to share a picture of my van! All of the front end plastics have been sprayed gloss black, as have the wing mirror bases.

C624614E-A7A6-43DB-8275-61A3BD7DDE9A.jpeg

I've just recently changed mine to gloss black but added a body coloured badge and one of the grill strips is body coloured aswell instead of gloss black. Could get a picture later if you want
Yes please. That would be great. Thanks.

Thanks for the pics so far. From the posts so far, is spraying better than vinyl wrap as a DIY mod?

Thanks for the pics so far. From the posts so far, is spraying better than vinyl wrap as a DIY mod?
Not sure about better, depends if you feel you might want to fo back to the original colour or not as you can just removea wrap it. Plus wrap is a lot cheaper than paint

20200422_173930.jpg

@ChrisR which front splitter is that. Very nice!
Cheers @Tim Sparkes it's by a company called Van Haven. I had it included as part of a package of mods when I bought my van through them, but it's expensive to have it on its own. They don't supply it mail order, it's an in house job for them to paint and fit. Make sure you're sitting down for this............................ it's £792! Yep, that isn't a typo, it's £792! I know this because @JasonW recently contacted them about it!

Cheers @Tim Sparkes it's by a company called Van Haven. I had it included as part of a package of mods when I bought my van through them, but it's expensive to have it on its own. They don't supply it mail order, it's an in house job for them to paint and fit. Make sure you're sitting down for this............................ it's £792! Yep, that isn't a typo, it's £792! I know this because @JasonW recently contacted them about it!

:oops::oops::oops: Wow!

Yep!! I think they're the type of company who aren't interested in little odd jobs like fitting a splitter. I get the feeling they're more interested in supplying modified vans, carrying out full conversions or a full package of mods to an existing van.

Yep, well spotted, they are almost gloss black but light up nicely :thumbsup:

ha only cos that's one of the next things i'm thinking of doing ;)
- which one's are they?? not sure if i want the sequential ones or not...

thanks fella :cool:

ha only cos that's one of the next things i'm thinking of doing ;)
- which one's are they?? not sure if i want the sequential ones or not...

thanks fella :cool:
They aren't sequential no, I'm not a fan so went for good old fashioned flashing ones!

They are these ones, fit spot on, no errors etc

Back