Bilstein/Eibach liftkit +35

0x001

Italian member
Morning everyone,
I'm looking to upgrade my 2018 Transporter 4motion 150cv suspension with the Bilstein/Eibach liftkit +35mm. I'm wondering if anyone has gone through this process before and has any suggestions on how it works in the long run and whats the feedback in general. Also, I would like to understand how I can know if my T6 is equipped with heavy duty chassis (1BH) or not.

Thanks!

The bilstein 35mm lift kit, is very good. It has great control and handling considering you've lifted the van 35mm. Highly recommended kit.

Im pretty sure, from memory, the heavy duty chassis option int he UK is the T32 suspension - So bracket not clamp on the front shock absorber.

Send a pic of your front suspension if you want confirmation

HTH

The bilstein 35mm lift kit, is very good. It has great control and handling considering you've lifted the van 35mm. Highly recommended kit.

Im pretty sure, from memory, the heavy duty chassis option int he UK is the T32 suspension - So bracket not clamp on the front shock absorber.

Send a pic of your front suspension if you want confirmation

HTH
Thanks! Mine is T28 so I guess it doesn't come with HD setup but I'll send the pic tomorrow. The price is quite high for the kit ~1900EUR I really hope its worth every penny!

They sometimes fit the heavy duty suspension as a factory option when specified or when you have a lot of options.

It’s a very good kit. Your won’t be disappointed.

Hello @0x001, we have this suspension set up on our van, got the dealer to fit it before handover so can’t compare directly with standard. This is with the green Komfort dampers which are a bit softer than the yellow ones. The ride is very very good, none of the body roll you might expect. The roads around us are poor with a lot of potholes, you can feel the suspension working through its travel but in a nice controlled way. I like the look of the lowered vans, but for the ‘go anywhere’ (except under 2m barriers…) the looks and potential of 4Motion and raised suspension suits us!

Morning everyone,
I'm looking to upgrade my 2018 Transporter 4motion 150cv suspension with the Bilstein/Eibach liftkit +35mm. I'm wondering if anyone has gone through this process before and has any suggestions on how it works in the long run and whats the feedback in general. Also, I would like to understand how I can know if my T6 is equipped with heavy duty chassis (1BH) or not.

Thanks!
If you want to do this get the longer Koni shocks and the lift springs. I can’t supply them as they aren’t a Koni catalogue part and come from the same company who supply the eibach lift kit. , look at the THQ video. He shows them in that video and also makes the comment that it’s the most comfortable riding van he has every driven , THQ sell the kit, and Chillijam Vans also do it . Good luck. Caution with the heavy duty springs on the rear though they wear the rubbers really quickly and squeak. , put all new rubbers it helps

They sometimes fit the heavy duty suspension as a factory option when specified or when you have a lot of options.

It’s a very good kit. Your won’t be disappointed.
Thanks, see attached photos. The van has a lot of options so better check!

Hello @0x001, we have this suspension set up on our van, got the dealer to fit it before handover so can’t compare directly with standard. This is with the green Komfort dampers which are a bit softer than the yellow ones. The ride is very very good, none of the body roll you might expect. The roads around us are poor with a lot of potholes, you can feel the suspension working through its travel but in a nice controlled way. I like the look of the lowered vans, but for the ‘go anywhere’ (except under 2m barriers…) the looks and potential of 4Motion and raised suspension suits us!
This is very reassuring! I want exactly this kind of behavior and I'm planning to mount the green komfort dampers. I was mostly worried about the body roll and the instability feel the lift may cause. I personally don't like the look of lowered vans and I can compromise the 2m barriers.
If you want to do this get the longer Koni shocks and the lift springs. I can’t supply them as they aren’t a Koni catalogue part and come from the same company who supply the eibach lift kit. , look at the THQ video. He shows them in that video and also makes the comment that it’s the most comfortable riding van he has every driven , THQ sell the kit, and Chillijam Vans also do it . Good luck. Caution with the heavy duty springs on the rear though they wear the rubbers really quickly and squeak. , put all new rubbers it helps
Thanks, are you referring to this kit or this one? I'm intrigued by the level of customization this kit can support but I'm worried maybe an overkill for me. Do you believe the price difference ~500EUR really makes that much difference in daily usage?

Thanks everyone!

PXL_20220531_094220818.jpg

PXL_20220531_094206879.jpg

PXL_20220531_094209952.jpg

Thanks, see attached photos. The van has a lot of options so better check!

This is very reassuring! I want exactly this kind of behavior and I'm planning to mount the green komfort dampers. I was mostly worried about the body roll and the instability feel the lift may cause. I personally don't like the look of lowered vans and I can compromise the 2m barriers.

Thanks, are you referring to this kit or this one? I'm intrigued by the level of customization this kit can support but I'm worried maybe an overkill for me. Do you believe the price difference ~500EUR really makes that much difference in daily usage?

Thanks everyone!

View attachment 158845

View attachment 158846

View attachment 158847
The second one , not the height adjust kit !

I have had the Eibach pro lift springs with Koni FSD shocks fitted to my LWB T6 4motion.
Lifted it 25mm in the front, 30mm in the rear. This lift levels the van.
Great ride and handling. Doesn’t feel lifted or too high. I live on a very windy asphalt road on a mountain and it handled it extremely well. Couldnt fault it.
It doesn’t make corrugated dirt roads feel smooth, although I don’t think any suspension in a transporter would. They’re not built for off-road driving.
I’ve since sold that van and purchased a T6.1 and can tell you the stock suspension compared to the Eibach/koni lift are worlds apart.
I’m currently trying to decide between King spring / Koni lift or Eibach/koni lift for the new van. I’m looking for extra lift and a smoother ride on rough roads but unsure on the Kings ride quality as I can’t find anyone with the Standard King lift as everyone I’ve spoken to has the heavy duty version. The King lift is 50mm (I’ve measured it).

I have had the Eibach pro lift springs with Koni FSD shocks fitted to my LWB T6 4motion.
Lifted it 25mm in the front, 30mm in the rear. This lift levels the van.
Great ride and handling. Doesn’t feel lifted or too high. I live on a very windy asphalt road on a mountain and it handled it extremely well. Couldnt fault it.
It doesn’t make corrugated dirt roads feel smooth, although I don’t think any suspension in a transporter would. They’re not built for off-road driving.
I’ve since sold that van and purchased a T6.1 and can tell you the stock suspension compared to the Eibach/koni lift are worlds apart.
I’m currently trying to decide between King spring / Koni lift or Eibach/koni lift for the new van. I’m looking for extra lift and a smoother ride on rough roads but unsure on the Kings ride quality as I can’t find anyone with the Standard King lift as everyone I’ve spoken to has the heavy duty version. The King lift is 50mm (I’ve measured it).
My two pennies worth

50 mm lift is too much for a 4 motion transporter . The 4 motion was built for adverse road weather conditions Not rock crawling ( Buy a Wrangler ha ha )
you wont get a more comfortable shock than the S A from any manufacturer
Dont fit heavy duty springs the S A wont like it, and they will stiffen the ride
Spacers on top of the rear springs is a better way to level up ( but not sure if you allow them down there )

My two pennies worth

50 mm lift is too much for a 4 motion transporter . The 4 motion was built for adverse road weather conditions Not rock crawling ( Buy a Wrangler ha ha )
you wont get a more comfortable shock than the S A from any manufacturer
Dont fit heavy duty springs the S A wont like it, and they will stiffen the ride
Spacers on top of the rear springs is a better way to level up ( but not sure if you allow them down there )
Thanks @CRS Performance .
Whats the “S A”?
In your opinion, what are the notable disadvantages of lifting the 4motion 50mm?

Thanks @CRS Performance .
Whats the “S A”?
In your opinion, what are the notable disadvantages of lifting the 4motion 50mm?
The SA means Special Active shock there self adjusting to suit the road conditions , they wont like being in a lifted vehicle sadly .

drive train stress is something we worry about lifting them too far

The heavy duty lift springs commonly available in uk are so thick ( Bar diameter ) they make noises on the rear mounts and wear them out all the time ,

The SA means Special Active shock there self adjusting to suit the road conditions , they wont like being in a lifted vehicle sadly .

drive train stress is something we worry about lifting them too far

The heavy duty lift springs commonly available in uk are so thick ( Bar diameter ) they make noises on the rear mounts and wear them out all the time ,
Thanks @CRS Performance. I took some more measurements yesterday and it looks like there’s not of room to play with when the vehicle is lifted. From static, there is about 80mm of downward travel in the rear before the shock tops out (full droop). With a 50mm lift this would be reduced to only 30mm which is pretty bad considering most bumps and potholes are well beyond 30mm.
I’d be interested to see the non spring raising systems you offer. Could you please pm me with them?
Thanks

Back