Bilstein B14's Leaking

Tourershine - I agree completely, only for my naivety not really knowing the severity of a leaking shock or I would have told him to take them off again.

Your mechanic should of advised you, not just fitted it thinking it would be ok.
A brand new shocker that's damp would of inevitably quickly got far worse when under load. It's not your fault, but I hope they don't charge you to swap them over.

Yea - I’m hoping I can possibly get vanstyle to agree to me buying a single damper. Getting them swapped out and returning the faulty one then get a refund once they get the replacement on warranty.

This would have much less impact on me, though I’m sure there will be a reason this doesn’t work o_O

I wander how many people regularly check their shocks for seeping or leaks? With all the speed humps around, they do take a pounding!

I wander how many people regularly check their shocks for seeping or leaks? With all the speed humps around, they do take a pounding!

I take off my wheels more than most normal people, and always glance at the shocks, because I cannot see them when the van is sat.

I have to say, mine are around 35k in now, and take a major hammering being on the lowest setting, and with my often enthusiastic driving, and they are still performing as good as the day I had them fitted by @BognorMotors :thumbsup:

When Bilstein get things right, they really do produce an excellent shocker.

I am thinking of fitting B14s, but after reading this wondering whether to go ahead ?

I can’t say I’m not disappointed that a brand new damper is faulty however I do think it was just an unlucky defective one, which I’m sure will be replaced on warranty!
It wouldn’t put me off buying them again! The number of massively positive reviews on here is enough for me.

Most reviews I've read do seem positive to be fair. Big out lay, so I want to be sure. Are you happy with ride & handling ? Also, out of interest how low have you gone ? Cheers

Most reviews I've read do seem positive to be fair. Big out lay, so I want to be sure. Are you happy with ride & handling ? Also, out of interest how low have you gone ? Cheers
You won't be disappointed I've been running mine for about a 1000 miles on a full camper conversion so far, and thought I would run them through various scenarios before doing a write up with my thoughts

Hi stevo just wondering did you get anywhere with the replacement on warranty through Bilstein or the supplier?

To my disappointment took delivery of brand new b14s from vanstyle last week and had them fitted yesterday - the mechanic warned me the front left shock was a little ‘wet’ and to keep an eye on it. Well I returned from work today and after about an hour of being home I went to check on it to find honestly a shocking amount of oil from the shock all over the inner arch and on my drive. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sorry for the late reply!
I am actually taking mine to the garage that fitted them today, they have spoken to Bilstein and they want photos from top to bottom including all the mounts etc. Then I suppose I will have to wait for a response from Bilstein to see what the next step is

Hey dudes apologies not been on for a while.

I received an email from vanstyle today informing me they have spoken to the bilstein rep and the process will be -

I purchase a new single from damper then when I have it fitted they arrange collection of defective one then refund me the cost of the replacement.

All of which I am happy with other than the time taken and still may take as they have no single units in stock, although I do appreciate that this is a rare occurrence with bilstein kit - or so I’m led to believe!

Hopefully all resolved and fitted by beginning of August for my first long haul journey in the bus:):):)

Back