Big Wave Campers... window leaking, leisure-battery loose..

I wonder about those good reviews - either they are false or the new owners haven't found the male chicken-ups yet. Or they were written by Donald Trump!

Yep, I'm suspicious about those excellent reviews!... some of them may be just oblivious.

Thanks to Big Wave Campers - so far I’ve had to:
Pay for a full service (they said it had been done but oil filter was in a bad state)
Pay for a cam-belt change just weeks after buying it
Pay for a wiring repair because of their workmanship - £924
Pay for a re bond of back window. We had a water leak. Installed incorrectly
Buy a leisure battery box and fix down
And now I have a knackered vehicle battery

We are almost afraid to drive it. Big Wave Campers don’t want to know. So going down legal route. Totally skint now thanks to them. If you look at some of their ‘reviews’ you would never know how poor they are.

Have you presented them with the evidence, and told them you are going down the legal route ?
If so, what have they said so far ?
All the best,
Peter

Have you presented them with the evidence, and told them you are going down the legal route ?
If so, what have they said so far ?
All the best,
Peter

Yes they said they’d wait and see what the outcome of the small claims is.

Hi all, following months of stress I have finally got my money owed to me from Big Wave Campers. I took them to small claims court and won. It took the bailiffs to get the money but I now have it! Next time I will spend a little more on a van conversion and get from a reputable company. The main problem was they bought a van but did no quality checks, not even a service. Then they fit a brand new conversion but rush it. Again no quality checks. They then make it as hard as they can with putting things right and just don't want to know. Lesson learned!

Hi all, following months of stress I have finally got my money owed to me from Big Wave Campers. I took them to small claims court and won. It took the bailiffs to get the money but I now have it! Next time I will spend a little more on a van conversion and get from a reputable company. The main problem was they bought a van but did no quality checks, not even a service. Then they fit a brand new conversion but rush it. Again no quality checks. They then make it as hard as they can with putting things right and just don't want to know. Lesson learned!

Well done for pinning them down with the small claims court, sounds like a really stressful experience.

Well done @Theduke , good for you. Stressful enough going through the courts for trivial things as I have done, but must be very satisfying.

Good on you for documenting it here as well, as a warning to others.

I bet that feels a massive relief! Congratulations!

Hi all. My nightmare continues. Engine management light comes on when giving it a bit of welly, overtaking etc. Loss of power for a few seconds then warning light. Local garage unable to find cause. Mentioned an engine rebuild may be required! So taking it to van centre. Anyone else seen this before? I’ve attached photos from diagnostic tool. Local garage changed oil switch but made no difference. 4B82C30E-ECE2-4BD1-A347-BB6F30DBE9EE.jpeg

60688EA4-B764-4EDD-BC52-1DBE250C09ED.jpeg

45D05085-2184-4E53-8A38-4859A7FC1E02.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: Jlo
Hi all. My nightmare continues. Engine management light comes on when giving it a bit of welly, overtaking etc. Loss of power for a few seconds then warning light. Local garage unable to find cause. Mentioned an engine rebuild may be required! So taking it to van centre. Anyone else seen this before? I’ve attached photos from diagnostic tool. Local garage changed oil switch but made no difference.
What's the engine code please - from configuration label under dash?

Back