Bf Goodrich K02's

I went in for 255/50/19 but my tyre guy worked out that 235/55/19 will suit better. I'm not convinced, but he's been doing this for decades, so I will go with his suggestion first.
I've used the same shop for years, and spend a lot of money with him, between myself, my business and family, so i'm lucky that I get the option to test fit these things first. I really didn't want to run the 19s through the winter, but this is something i'm trying out before I have no option but to buy more wheels. (and if I do, they will be the 18" Amarok steels)
Be sure to try the steering on overseer lock and then drive onto something like a house brick. I tried 255/55/18 and all seemed ok until I tried to simulate an off road situation as above. The suspension travel isn't parallel and so as the wheel went up it goes in at the top too. Even with this tyre size it would have ripped the brake pipes to bits.
Had 235/55/18 AT3s fitted and they are the best I've ever had.
Will be interested in knowing the result of the 19s

Be sure to try the steering on overseer lock and then drive onto something like a house brick. I tried 255/55/18 and all seemed ok until I tried to simulate an off road situation as above. The suspension travel isn't parallel and so as the wheel went up it goes in at the top too. Even with this tyre size it would have ripped the brake pipes to bits.

Just test fitted the front, and there did seem to be clearance all round, but need to fit the rest to be able to see how I feel about them.

20181102_125409.jpg

Last edited:
We only ordered 1 to start off, the others are here Tuesday.
I'm not sure how I feel about them yet.

I went in for 255/50/19 but my tyre guy worked out that 235/55/19 will suit better. I'm not convinced, but he's been doing this for decades, so I will go with his suggestion first.
I've used the same shop for years, and spend a lot of money with him, between myself, my business and family, so i'm lucky that I get the option to test fit these things first. I really didn't want to run the 19s through the winter, but this is something i'm trying out before I have no option but to buy more wheels. (and if I do, they will be the 18" Amarok steels)
I had 255/55/18's on VW T5 Sportline wheels, with a 20mm drop (Caravelle), it need spacers 15mm front; and 25mm rear (although the rears could have been 15mm). The only time it ever touched, was going over a hump backed bridge at speed, then the it would bottom out and touch the inner plastic liners; but it never damaged a thing, or the tyres.
I don't think I would go that big again, because of the drop in performance/drivability with these large heavy tyres; even with my 204BiTDI. 7.5% upgrading was noticeable to me, and the mrs. But they look brilliant imo.

1B644118-199F-4601-A58B-3D956C5F5526.jpeg.... per il fuoristrada che puoi fare con una Cali .... sono i migliori ... non certo per l'autostrada! ..... anche se pensavo fossero più rumorosi .... il mio va in risonanza tra 50-80 km / h .... quindi quasi nulla ..

Interesting, 255/50/19's? I had GG AT 255/55/18's on my T5.
Look forward to hearing how you get on.

AT3's arrived a little early than anticipated and went on earlier, but came straight back off again. It's all a little boring, and long winded but they just didn't give me the look I wanted, and the reason is very simple, the wheels are far too big.

When you fit huge knoblies to a big wheel, and you are governed by the rolling radius and several other dimensions, you have to find a tyre that fits this.
This size restriction means you sacrifice a huge factor of what a monster wheel and tyre needs, and that's big sidewalls. Bigger wheels equals smaller profile.
55 profile sounds big, but in reality using a 255 on a 9.5" wheel, means some stretch, which in turn looses even more sidewall. The basic result is you end up with a set-up that looks crap.

I'm a little gutted because I wanted to lift my B14s a fair amount, but that's just because they are starting to get on my nerves being so damn solid on the lowest setting.

Hi I have a t6 with a 40mm drop, running 18” steelies ( stitches & steel ) I’m after a pair of bfg’s purely for the look as I live in Norfolk haha... just wondered what the best size would be to go for? For the best wheel arch fill as possible.

Apologise in advance if this has already been covered!

Hi I have a t6 with a 40mm drop, running 18” steelies ( stitches & steel ) I’m after a pair of bfg’s purely for the look as I live in Norfolk haha... just wondered what the best size would be to go for? For the best wheel arch fill as possible.

Apologise in advance if this has already been covered!

Standard 18" steels are 7.5" wide. Check out these sites for ideal sizes. Tyre Size for Rim Size/Width Calculator - What's the best tyre size for my rim?
Will They Fit - Online Wheel and Tyre Fitment Calculator

You might find it difficult in Goodrich when it comes to 18" but there are other manufactures that have a better selection for bigger wheels, like General Grabbers, and Maxxis.
Also bare in mind that your steels have an offset of ET45, so might benefit from spacers to fill the arch, but it's actually quite complex trying to find a sweet spot on tyre size, ratings, and keeping them at the correct rolling radius for the speedo.

If you want 18" wheels, I think you'll need to look at Generasl Grabber AT3 235/55/18

If you go with 17" wheels you can use BFG At KO2 in 225/65/17 size.

Both these are over-sized tyres but should be OK with a 40mm drop (just- ~I think), but you may need spacers

If you want 18" wheels, I think you'll need to look at Generasl Grabber AT3 235/55/18

If you go with 17" wheels you can use BFG At KO2 in 225/65/17 size.

Both these are over-sized tyres but should be OK with a 40mm drop (just- ~I think), but you may need spacers
You are right in every aspect of what you said. Tried and tested by me.

Back