Bf Goodrich K02's

Arnie

I would like to put some 255/55/18 BF Goodrich K02's on my van but have been told by the tyre supplier that I cannot get the tyres with the white text on the side only the black? Has anyone bought any in the past?

You certainly used to be able to get them with white lettering on one side so you could choose to show them or not..

Yeah, that's what I thought. All of the advert pics show the white writing but when my local tyre dealer ordered them they came in black? The tyre dealer called their supplier and has been told that some sizes are only available in black? I've seen loads of pics with white text on VW vans so you must be able to get them.
Thanks for the reply!

Only certain sizes come in a choice of black writing and white writing. These are the common 4x4 sizes. Some van owners choose to buy a special pen and colour in the writing themselves. There was mention on here of KO2s been hard to get hold of by a few garages but speaking to volkstrek at busfest and he mentioned they are readily available as he gets a shipping container full at a time.

After going through this myself, I e.mailed BfGoodrich and they said it's no longer an option because it's popular request anymore, which I find hard to believe. I ordered a tyre pen off eBay and spent several hand shaking hours applying the writing myself.
As @Ed Webb mentioned, my supplier struggled to get a full set for me, and all 4 came from different suppliers around the UK.

IMG_20180908_172323_047.jpg

is there much more noise with these on ?

A little more than my normal 19s but nothing too outrageous.
The biggest issue was how they felt.
I'm used to 255 45 19s, with B14 on lowest, so a firm ride that handles very well. These things were a little spongy for me, and didn't inspire a lot of confidence with my set up.

A little more than my normal 19s but nothing too outrageous.
The biggest issue was how they felt.
I'm used to 255 45 19s, with B14 on lowest, so a firm ride that handles very well. These things were a little spongy for me, and didn't inspire a lot of confidence with my set up.
id thought of putting a set of k02s on my alloys seen some one do it looks good been looking a alloys doing my head in

They look good,

I would like to put them on my black 18" Sportline alloys, it looks like I have a challenge on my hands getting these with white writing though!

AA1F2ACF-B18C-4704-98AF-F13725B8ABE7.jpeg... mine do not have the white writing, I prefer so ', because' they are less flashy ... all ask me what tires are, how they go, how much they cost .... I do not want them to be too visible, even for the Police..they have a lower speed index (S) ...

Just been into my tyre supplier and ordered a set of General Grabber AT3's for winter. They will be here Friday to test fit.
Monster tyres on 19" banded steels hasn't been attempted yet, so no one knows if the bigger profile and huge knoblies will even fit under my arches. Thankfully I have B14s, so have a little room for adjustment, plus my tyre guy will let me try them before I buy, being as we have so many tyres off him.

Watch this space.

Just been into my tyre supplier and ordered a set of General Grabber AT3's for winter. They will be here Friday to test fit.
Monster tyres on 19" banded steels hasn't been attempted yet, so no one knows if the bigger profile and huge knoblies will even fit under my arches. Thankfully I have B14s, so have a little room for adjustment, plus my tyre guy will let me try them before I buy, being as we have so many tyres off him.

Watch this space.
What tyre size you going for?
Only asking so that forum members know whether they'd be interested and can then watch the forsale section on Saturday for the listing. ;)

Watch this space.
Interesting, 255/50/19's? I had GG AT 255/55/18's on my T5.
Look forward to hearing how you get on.

Interesting, 255/50/19's? I had GG AT 255/55/18's on my T5.
Look forward to hearing how you get on.

I went in for 255/50/19 but my tyre guy worked out that 235/55/19 will suit better. I'm not convinced, but he's been doing this for decades, so I will go with his suggestion first.
I've used the same shop for years, and spend a lot of money with him, between myself, my business and family, so i'm lucky that I get the option to test fit these things first. I really didn't want to run the 19s through the winter, but this is something i'm trying out before I have no option but to buy more wheels. (and if I do, they will be the 18" Amarok steels)

View attachment 30922... mine do not have the white writing, I prefer so ', because' they are less flashy ... all ask me what tires are, how they go, how much they cost .... I do not want them to be too visible, even for the Police..they have a lower speed index (S) ...
I thought I had it sorted yesterday, BF Goodrich dealer ATS called Michelin the manufacturer who said that they would be able to supply me with a set with white lettering, only to find out today that they came in black. Even Michelin don't seam to be able to help. It is down to the size, I may need to buy steel rims and run them on those for the winter... They come in 165/60/18 but I don't know if they will fit?? What do you guys think?

View attachment 30922... mine do not have the white writing, I prefer so ', because' they are less flashy ... all ask me what tires are, how they go, how much they cost .... I do not want them to be too visible, even for the Police..they have a lower speed index (S) ...
Your right about the police attention, one to be careful off!

Back