Best plug and socket system .

osman

Steve O
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Am I really going to have to accept that the din plug and socket system is the best system for general 12v plugs and sockets . One of these sockets virtually fell to pieces today as I unplugged a negative wire the actual content of the socket came apart it was so badly made . Anyway I pushed it back together and it works ok but if jiggle it around it will cut in and out …
These plugs and sockets are slightly more refined than the god awful car cigarette system that is basically the only other choice but is this really all there is to choose from .. there isn’t something more grown up more serious more reliable to use ?
I made this little panel for a 12 v in ( solar panel ) and a 12 v out ( fridge or whatever ) and it looks pretty good and functions ok but I’m still not convinced these plugs and sockets can possibly the best thing to use .

Any ideas ?

15FF9858-FC46-4C96-B6D6-E6821E0D01C8.jpeg

C278B4A5-ACAC-43DA-8414-9D0E6F471EEB.jpeg

Interested in this as I want to wire my fridge into a plug and socket so I can remove it when not being used

I used Anderson Powerpoles for mine. They seem to work ok but pins are hard to get crimped just right and not so many flush panel mounts available. If only I had known about the ones @mmi linked, they do look the biz.

This is the panel mount:

41F5719A-97BB-4ED5-8B8D-588D0C24A964.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ve used a few Sutars plugs and sockets and they’ve always been good quality. You tend to get better quality items designed for marine applications.

Back