Bespoke LV Paddle Shift MFSW

Shredder

It's a Beast
T6 Guru
Not long since had this fitted. Totally bespoke wheel made for T6 Highline MFSW with paddle shift i.e. it's not a Golf, Passat or other VW wheel altered to make it fit. It doesn't come with the metal Raceline badge at the bottom though. I had that fitted to match my seats.

20191223_181928.jpg

Not long since had this fitted. Totally bespoke wheel made for T6 Highline MFSW with paddle shift i.e. it's not a Golf, Passat or other VW wheel altered to make it fit. It doesn't come with the metal Raceline badge at the bottom though. I had that fitted to match my seats.

View attachment 58438

Didn't you already have a nice steering wheel on your van?

Nice that mate. Who did this for.you?.

Cheers Fezza. You can have them done in Leather, Carbon, Alcantara and colour coded stitching to your interior / van as well. Most people seem to get the carbon / leather mix. It was done by Leighton Vans. Adam Jackson is the guy that coordinates people's orders with their factory. He's easiest to get on email :

adam@leightonvans.co.uk

This was the launch video they did after designing them :

Last edited:
Didn't you already have a nice steering wheel on your van?

Good memory for all things Forum as usual Tourer :D

Yes, I did post quite a while back about the fact I was going for a custom wheel and I think I did post a picture of one of the design samples showing what I was gunning for. However, this (above) is the finished product fitted to my van.

Hmm, very noice indeed and looks great. I am sure Adam at LV will be getting a few emails. Wonder if they do a heated version? :)

Dare i ask how much, and is it your original wheel or is it done on a exchange basis?.

About £750 or so depending what you specify I think. You take your van in, they take the internals/ centre out of your current wheel and put in a wheel made for you to your spec. They keep your old steering wheel rim. You drive away happy as larry :laugh:

Hmm, very noice indeed and looks great. I am sure Adam at LV will be getting a few emails. Wonder if they do a heated version? :)

No, as that's not a Highline MFSW option unfortunately. As above, your own steering wheel 'guts' go into the new steering wheel rim (so you only get what functions you already have) but you do get paddle shift if you have DSG

These wheels are done back in Poland, i used to source standard wheels from eBay all the time and send them off, they may look more refined now but this is where it all started 3-4 years back, look at my own van and your see an original on there, if LV are charging £750 per wheel then your being ripped off, they only cost me £350 tops, if i sent a few in one go. do your research before you buy as its only a cover and padding put over your wheel after all. cheers

Thats much better and more like it, just dont get ripped off by people like LV or Custom Vanz. look about first lads, stay safe every body.

These wheels are done back in Poland, i used to source standard wheels from eBay all the time and send them off, they may look more refined now but this is where it all started 3-4 years back, look at my own van and your see an original on there, if LV are charging £750 per wheel then your being ripped off, they only cost me £350 tops, if i sent a few in one go. do your research before you buy as its only a cover and padding put over your wheel after all. cheers

1. Are you saying LV have their wheels done in Poland rather than custom manufactured to order ?

2. Are you saying LV send off your own "standard" wheel, or one from eBay and basically just have it re-trimmed ? Odd, as I still have my original wheel.

3. Does this basic re-trimming of a "standard" wheel somehow include plug & play paddle shift like mine and full MFSW including ACC ?

4. How does this basic re-trimming of a "standard" wheel turn out 50/50 carbon split rims with colour coding to match as per their video above ?

I think you just might find these are not shoddy unrefined looking re-trims that are only "a cover and padding" put over your own wheel ... what was it you were saying about " doing your research"

Last edited:
It's a really nice wheel @Shredder, and i don't think the quality or workmanship is disputed...

But we must all admit that there is a big market for T6 customisation and because of this some prices are over-inflated.

That goes for many T6 accessories, not just the steering wheels... If you put the word 'custom' before it, then it'll always come with a mark up.

That goes for many T6 accessories, not just the steering wheels... If you put the word 'custom' before it, then it'll always come with a mark up.
Just like “wedding” before the word “party“ does

It's a really nice wheel @Shredder, and i don't think the quality or workmanship is disputed...

But we must all admit that there is a big market for T6 customisation and because of this some prices are over-inflated.

Yeah ... and actually I don't disagree with you on that at all. Generally, that can be the case in lots of different markets.

What I took umbridge with was, the fact that it was stated that Leighton Vans are rip off merchants and inferred I was a mug for ordering it, as there are cheaper direct equivalents out there. Not only that but those claims were made stating incorrect supporting facts.

The example site quoted : http://professionalvwconversions.co.uk/custom-steering-wheels-vw

Here is their price list :

SNIP.PNG

So actually, they are pretty much the same price as Leighton charge for a full carbon and leather totally custom MFSW paddle shift T6 wheel (which actually does look exactly like an upgraded T6 OEM wheel as per mine above). Whereas, the steering wheels from this company in this example of how to save money are clearly just a wheel from an entirely different vehicle altogether :

SNIP2.PNG

In my opinion, I got what I paid for .. a fully custom, high quality wheel (I wanted all leather not the carbon split) that looks like the original T6 Highline MFSW wheel but just totally upgraded, including paddle shift and full MFSW with ACC. I also paid less, as there is no carbon on mine as in their promo video above.

Maybe there are ways of getting some type of flat bottom paddle-shift steering wheel with full T6 MFSW and ACC support a bit cheaper but the claim that they are direct equivalents of mine is completely wrong. It's also a bit steep to claim that Leighton Vans, now arguably the biggest T6 customizer in the UK, have actually been getting away with blatantly ripping all their customers off for the last decade whilst growing to a size where in a good month they can retail nearly 100 converted Transporters, many to repeat customers.

Something is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, if you paid that amount then that's what its worth to you. Wouldnt be worried what others think. These days people are very quick to slate others. Its also hard to compare over photos. I wouldn't worry about it.

Nice wheel by the way..

in a good month they can retail nearly 100 converted Transporters, many to repeat customers.

I was looking at vans on Leighton’s website yesterday and noticed that a lot of the vans were marked as “reserved“
I had nothing better to do so got my calculator out and added up all the vans that were reserved and adding the VAT it came to £1,836,390.

I will pay what i want for something if i really want it without giving a flying one what anyone thinks! No one likes to feel that they've been had off but if you're happy with whatever it is you've bought,then you are unlikely to feel like that anyhow and to be fair,it is a nice wheel!

Back