Bed Beside Motorbike - Anyone?

Leigh

T6 Guru
I'm looking to make something similar to this set up although it needs to be light enough to remove easily & not quite as fancy - just a bed frame which flies over the wheel arch with some storage room underneath for my bike kit.

Anyone on here made this set up or seen one with a MX Bike alongside?

07dd795e509dde902232feb3923fedc2.png

I’ll be doing something similar. I use my van for time trial cycling, but also motorbike trials so the van gets muddy. I’m thinking of a Hilo top to sleep away from my bikes.

Post some photos during the build.

Just invested in one of those Worx Hydroshot cordless washers to take care of any mud.

I'll only be sleeping in it the night before a ride & the bike will have a full cover over it.

I was hoping that someone else had already made a bed so I could just copy that :thumbsup:

Shouldn't be too difficult, I may buy a single Ikea bed with sprung slats & modify it to suit.

I’m going on a Trackday next week and I’m just planning on putting the bike (Honda CB500) on one side and putting my camp bed next to it

I’d like something better really but I can’t fix anything in the back really, my van needs to do a bit of all sorts

Had the Bike in the back over the weekend so could measure up what space I'd have for the bed & storage.

Looks like it will work well.

Along with the swivel front seat I'll have loads of room.

I had mine in too and it didn't look like i'll have loads of room. Mines a Panel Van with a Bulkhead and it's currently Ply Lined with massive wheel arch boxes, need to get them out and get it Insulated and Lined over the Winter ready for next year

What you looking to make the bed out of?

Not sure how you’d squeeze in to sleep in there :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I like the idea of putting the bike inside but I’d def need a bigger van.

I use a trailer for bikes. But that has drawbacks. It’s a folding trailer so it pops inside when not in use, but it’s not good at being drawn when it’s unloaded, the bike has to be wrapped against the elements in bad weather, ie for shows, and its not really that secure to leave the trailer attached and unloaded because it all comes apart!

It does however suit my current circumstance, so I’m happy with the compromise.

4707BAA7-8B56-4749-8E4E-709223CD860C.jpeg

I have an "EasyLifter" which mounts the Bike across the rear, onto the Towbar. This works fine however I hate the fact that the Bike is on show & as anyone with an Enduro / MX Bike knows being followed home is a major problem with theft.

Back