Banded steels & swamper tyres

jamob

Hi all

I've searched and can't find anyone or any photos of banded steels with AT tyres?

Is there a reason for this? I think it would look great and I'm wanting to go back to standard ride height and loose the 20"s

Anyone running these or have any photos?

Was also looking at the Tuff Torque steels but I prefer a bit more dish. The likes of Fuel and Twin Projekt are way too pricey for me

Cheers

Jamo

I've searched and can't find anyone or any photos of banded steels with AT tyres?

Sooo, I finally did it!
16" steels banded to 8.5" and powdercoated by Dutchy Banded Wheels and BFGoodrich All Terrains in 235 70 16. Love how its looks!

Thanks they look awesome. I should have said mines a T32, so I'm on 17inch minimum unfortunately

Are you looking as the ‘Design’ 17” or the Amarok 18”?
I prefer the 17" size but much prefer the look of the Amaroks. Searched through all of those, I still only see bannded ones with normal tyres. All the ones running 255/55 AT tyres are just standard width :confused:

Had a look over on Banded Brothers and they are all running low, which is what I want to avoid.

I have a snapped spring at the moment (40mm lower) and hence the idea of going back to std srpings and loosing the 20s

I prefer the 17" size but much prefer the look of the Amaroks.

Me too. I’ve been trying to find some information about 17” steels because there’s a van I see locally sometimes on a set of 17s which I swear look just like the 16s on my Startline. He has those wrapped in BFGs too.

I was able to find these online but I’m not sure where they are sourced, so not sure how/where to find some used: 17 GENUINE VW BLACK STEELS ( - VWT5 Upgrades

I recently posted about this in Team Banded Brothers. also, because I’d like to see Amarok style 17s banded.

Last edited:
We've got a set of banded GP17" steels in matt black coming soon, which will be wrapped in AT tyres. Just deciding on which tyre to go with.

BFG's mostly for aesthetic reasons, but everyone keeps scaring me about the road noise. Or maybe the Cooper Discoveries. Both 225/65/17
I've been making a similar decision lately – been researching them both (and some others). The BFGs are the best looking IMO, but the Cooper Discoverers have a slightly better rating for fuel efficiency and wet grip than any other AT tyre I've found so far. They don't look too bad either, you can see a photo of @Moonpig8's van with 225/65/17 Cooper Discoverer ATTs on this post in T32 Wheel Options.. :thumbsup: I wish they came in a 235/65 though!

I also was pleasantly surprised to see in this video just how capable the Cooper Discoverers are despite their relatively non-agressive tread in comparison to the BFGs:

Also, towards the end of that video (at 6:55) you can see the dash cam footage of them driving back on the road and the BFG loses grip on a corner on wet tarmac road. :confused:

Back