Bad Vibration Under Power ??

Check both tyres.
I've had a continental tyre develope a large bulge on the inner side wall.
Caused a vibration similar to what you describe.

I've stopped using continental tyres for this reason all my bulges were on the inside of the tyes when i had them on my st220

Holy moly that's bad !! Deffo nothing wrong with my tyres tho , they're almost new and have done very little work , I will get onto VW in the morning

Got the same problem after remap 150ps manual... when i drive 60mph in 6th gear and give allot throttle the front starts shaking! but when im in 5th gear and give throttle to 80mph and then shift in to 6th gear there is no shudder or vibration.

so the engine doenst like giving throttle when ur cruising on low RPM 5th or 6th gear it looks like..

(my english isnt the best i was just looking on the web what is casuing the shudder/vibration and came on this T6 FORUM)

i had a very similar issue iver the last couple of weeks. seems the oil cooler for the dsg failed and slowly filled the gearbox with water. it has caused some damage to the mechatronic but im out of warranty sadly.

i had a very similar issue iver the last couple of weeks. seems the oil cooler for the dsg failed and slowly filled the gearbox with water. it has caused some damage to the mechatronic but im out of warranty sadly.

Did you get it fixed and paid for yourself?
How far out of warranty? VW sometimes can offer help as a good will gesture if it's a genuine fault.

The cooler has been replaced but I'm living with the judder for now. Can't be bothered to fight vw on it .

The cooler has been replaced but I'm living with the judder for now. Can't be bothered to fight vw on it .

Gutting.
I dread things coming out of warranty. My £75k Motorhome has just come out of it's warranty and now everything is going wrong :mad: (OK, not everything, and nothing big, but it feels like that when you're away on holiday)
I swear the manufactures install gremlins that have a 3 year incubation period.

Jeez......

Not heard of that one before........

Well have to keep close eye on things here then........

That could be a very hard one to diagnose seeing as you wouldn't loose water..... but maybe have oil contaminated water?

My water level dropped very slowly and had a very slight tinge to it but not enough to raise any real suspicion. It's obviously contaminated the mechtronics. Its now at least drive able but isn't pleasant to drive anymore .

It's a company van though so up to my boss to decide what to do .

Any news on Vw getting it sorted for you. Mine is doing the same. Put foot down about 60mph and then it judders and feels like it’s the passenger front side. It also is eating the outside of the tyre. The van is still in warranty till April but it’s been converted by Salop vans and runs 20” alloys on it. I will phone the stealers tomorrow to find out.

The OP @Anthony Ball hasn’t posted on the forum since this issue. I would be interested to know what the issue was.

Pete

Any news on Vw getting it sorted for you. Mine is doing the same. Put foot down about 60mph and then it judders and feels like it’s the passenger front side. It also is eating the outside of the tyre. The van is still in warranty till April but it’s been converted by Salop vans and runs 20” alloys on it. I will phone the stealers tomorrow to find out.
Old thread. Exactly what mines doing now.
Had alignment done on a Hunter. Slightly better. Suggested getting wheels balanced but they are only 2 months old on new tyres. 20’s.

Wheel balancing.

Get them rebalanced at a different shop.

Buckled rim can cause this to too, so check for a true rim when on balance machine.

Also cheaper branded tyres can have a wobble in the tread from manufacturer that can cause the issue.

Other causes could be mud or debris build up on wheels.

Or foreign object wrapped on drive shaft.. like bag etc.

Last edited:
Tyres/rims clean.

I’ll get them re balanced. A lot of places don’t seem interested in just rebalancing.

think the tyres are basic. All new few months ago yet front driver side has loads more weights on it than the others.
Does that show a possible issue with that tyre?

Tyres/rims clean.

I’ll get them re balanced. A lot of places don’t seem interested in just rebalancing.

think the tyres are basic. All new few months ago yet front driver side has loads more weights on it than the others.
Does that show a possible issue with that tyre?

Yes, or rim..... but most on the time the weights balance out the slight imperfection on the tyre wire frame and rubber from its manufacturing.... even slight imperfection will cause balancing issues.

One simple trick is to put both front tyres on the rear and rear on front.

If you feel the vibration is coming through the steering wheel it's an indication of front wheel balance.

If you feel the vibration through the body and peddles it's an indication of rear wheels balance.

Try the front rear swap first.

The take the van to shop and pay them for a re balance.

Back