Bad tyre day

Markgf

Team Pure-Grey
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Today, on the country lanes, while pulling in to let a flying Discovery past, I hit what felt like a sink hole, under a puddle. Result: Bulge in the side wall. Having a look at the other front tyre, huge slice out of the sidewall (I have no idea where this happened.) So decision made to swap the 275/35 R20 102’s for 275/40. I currently have GY Eagle F1 asymmetric2’s. My question is, I can only seem to find this size in 106 load rate, and it’s an ‘SUV’ tyre. Have I got the correct ‘go to’ Goodyear tyre, or not??124F98E7-9F44-4CC1-86D5-BAF136ECC0E8.png

Go for a 265/40. It’s a better fit and still offers you the higher % profile.
If however you go for the 276/40 the tyre above is fine.

More of a “bad brakes day” for me: had my rear discs and pads done as I’d received an “advisory” on them in a recent MOT. As I will be dragging a 2-ton caravan soon, I thought I’d have them done last week. Come the weekend, I found that one of my rear alloys was gouged to bits on the face of the wheel (no marks on the rim at all!)
Too late, I hadn’t checked them when I collected my van after the brakes were done. However, I popped in to see them today and, whilst not admitting liability, they are going to send the wheel off to be repaired!

More of a “bad brakes day” for me: had my rear discs and pads done as I’d received an “advisory” on them in a recent MOT. As I will be dragging a 2-ton caravan soon, I thought I’d have them done last week. Come the weekend, I found that one of my rear alloys was gouged to bits on the face of the wheel (no marks on the rim at all!)
Too late, I hadn’t checked them when I collected my van after the brakes were done. However, I popped in to see them today and, whilst not admitting liability, they are going to send the wheel off to be repaired!
Feeling your pain!!!!! Was gonna hit the ‘like’ button, but seems inappropriate:(. My front tyres went on, March this year, and have done 2500 miles. Now changing all 4,

Mines gone into today, the front passenger side tyre caught my eye last night because I could see the cord o_O

Mines gone into today, the front passenger side tyre caught my eye last night because I could see the cord o_O
Unless your tyre is totally bald all over, you've got a geometry problem, I'd get the tracking checked or the replacement tyre won't last long.

Reactions: JOG
I’ve now joined Team Devonports for a spell while the tyre shop repair my wheel. Can’t knock them - no quibble when I showed them the wheel.

Back