B14's - Height Vs Ride

I’ve got 245 45 20 tyres with b14’s 50mm drop still room to drop more at the moment it’s really comfy and so much better than previous cars on Bilstien, although I am toying with the idea of dropping it more and getting some 18” steels.

Thats what Im worried about. I've just come from a Golf GTD (previously Audis) and want to get away from that firm suspension.
I have a GTD and the t6 is more compliant than that on it’s current set up although tbh I don’t find the GTD that harsh, maybe I have more rear end padding than you ;)

Bilstein are bringing out a "new version" of B14s that are 100mm drop out of the box. These are what i will be fitting to my lwb shuttle. B14s wouldnt give me look or ride im aiming for. At their lowest setting they wouldnt be low enough and on full compression. Whereas the new version allow me to go lower and not compromise on ride and comfort. My bus will never carry more than 120kgs and will rolling on banded 18's.

I've got a MK7 Golf, and obviously this is far softer than my T6, same goes for my wife's Mini Cooper.
You should of mentioned it when I saw you, i'd of let you try mine.
Maybe your only route is air :eek:

I may take you up on tht kind offer next time. Air is out of the question I think.

Bilstein are bringing out a "new version" of B14s that are 100mm drop out of the box. These are what i will be fitting to my lwb shuttle. B14s wouldnt give me look or ride im aiming for. At their lowest setting they wouldnt be low enough and on full compression. Whereas the new version allow me to go lower and not compromise on ride and comfort. My bus will never carry more than 120kgs and will rolling on banded 18's.
Interesting, do you have any more details?
Is this the version that will be exclusive to THQ?

Yeah i'm thrashing mine... its a 300bhp go kart! lol.. (Just getting heavier by the minute!)

Might try some new rubber..

@BognorMotors Will 255/40 rub? Or try 275/40?

265/40 is the other size we use for T32. A 255 will be too narrow for your rims, and you’ll only gain 5mm on the sidewall. The 265 will be a stretch, but will give you an extra 10mm on the sidewall.

Tyre pressures we’ve always run at 40psi all round.

Running at full height they are certainly a bit smoother, but obviously don’t look as cool!

The roads are just falling apart at present, but I’ve been running round with a slammed transporter in 20’s for years now!

Back